Ashraf's Jacuzzi Reef

bed filter

fuidized bed filter
1392493143a960533.jpg

Welcome to MASA!!

Nice looking tank, interesting location for it.

Your skimmer looks like a Berlin skimmer, these are a bit old school and do not perform nearly as well as newer skimmers on the market today, you should consider changing it for one of the newer skimmers, you will be pleasantly surprised, if not amazed at the difference in skimmate production. A better performing skimmer will also help in reducing your algae problems.

There is some good information about ozone in this thread
http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=2406

Ooooohhh - NICE Amalick! Sorry about the fungia that died....

Yeah - Oh I agree - that skimmer does NOT seem to be working 100%
What brand skimmer is it? A ReefTek TS2? If so - you should be restricting the outlet pipe WAY more to get the water level and bubble level higher..... it should be FAR higher than you currently have....

I MUST say - this is the 1st time I EVER saw a marine tank at the jacuzzi! My jacuzzi is anout 3 metres away (on the outside of my house) from MY marine tank......

HHHMMMMmmmmm VERY interesting!
BTW: why did you not go for a car battery and a 12Volt pump (and an intelligent charger) for the same cost of 2 UPS's?? My solution keeps my return pump going for at least 12 hours during power outages!

Hi Jacues - I bought the wrasse from sam's aquariums when it was still a baby about two years ago (about 2cm) . Cant beleive how much its grown its nealy 20cm's now!

As for the 12v pumps - I had no idea you could do what you suggested. Anyway - spilt milk now !

I'm going to buy a new skimmer on the weekend - I will keep the berlin and run it wet as you are suggesting. THe new skimmer is going to be a reef octo for +/- 4 g's which I will run dry - the skimmer is speced for 1500l. I will post some pics of my new toy when I get it. There goes the year end bonus (lol) !!!

Nice tank Dude, love the setting ;)

nice setup amalick why not build and test your scrubber FIRST BEFORE SPLASHING OUT SO MUCH on a new skimmer?

just think your current skimmer will be adequate once your have a properly done skimmer.

And welcome to the thread ! nice tank,why did you not set it up in you lounge if i may ask?should give you more opportinities to view it.

Falcon - Its in a massive 60sqm entertainment area where we spend most of our time anyway. My lounge is just for for formal guest and hardly used. Kind of useless. Thanks for all the compliments so far.

As for the skimmer - Maybe I should just downscale my skimmer purchase. Don't really trust that the algea scrubber will be enough for the bio load I may end up having.

Back
Top Bottom