are turbo snails good at cleanin the tanks

Reaction score
hi guys ..i am thinking of getting
a turbo snail for my tank
can any 1 tell me if it worth
gettin this snail or shud i get another
kinda snails

thanks

Good snails, cleaning? Algea yes, water changes and glass scrubbing nope... :)

wat u mean no water changes.do they clean the glass as well

they won't do water changes for ya :) you do find them on the glass often, not enough to make it sparkle tho...

wat snail do u have ...do they clean
the green stuff off the glass

tiger snails very active........mine cleans all over the place.....on the glass....on the LR.............

I haven't had any experience with turbo snails, i have 2 Trochus Snails in my tank (nano) and they really are doing wonders. Still have to clean the glass myself haha. but they very active snails and where they do clean they do a good job.

Turbo's are great for eating algae off the glass, dependant on the size of your tank you could add quite a number of then to your tank.

thanks guys .. mab i shud get 1 of each
a turbo , tiger abd trochus snail

Last edited:
and a nice Fighting conch......lol...............the scuba through the substrate and only surface now and then.....but they keep things down there all good

Need to get a plecardstomus (used card like makro card) to scrape glass!

Last edited:
thanks guys .. mab i shud get 1 of each
a turbo , tiger abd trochus snail

Hey looking at ur tank specs(if u still have the 37l nano) i recon they will be a gr8 addition...I have a 58l nano and have a turbo and tiger and geez they clean the tank like crazy...algea just thinks of growing then they munch it...Mine cleans glass to an extent but u still gotta do ur bit with the algea cleaner..Get them they will def do good...:thumbup:

You got a nano, and you are from Durban.

Why not collect 3 or 4 Nerita snails. Awesome and they do the job. Do not grow big and will not rearrange your rock work. Available in all the rock pools. Just need to know where to look.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerita"]Nerita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

@ briztleworm yeah i still got the 37 L
but gona upgrade to A 120L Aquaria ..i have tjs.tank jus waitin
for tje stand i cant.....lol

Beside A turbo snail can any one suggest any other snail wit experience of having
Seeing at work !

My mexican turbos are true lawnmowers, i literally watch them work a tuft of algea.

There are a few local ones that are good:

Nerita albicilla
Turbo coronatus
Trochus nigropunctatus
Monodonta australis

Google those for pics. You can find them in rockpools at low tide. Look in cracks and under ledges.

Thanks @ Lordblackadder which beach did u go and look in any suggestions

Back
Top Bottom