Aquascaping

Reaction score
I have been looking at all the advanced members' tanks and some of the LR is insanely built up.

Are these multiple pieces (seascrapers) of LR being tied or bolted together or do they just balance.

I am wanting to add more LR to my system, but all my rock is loose, and if I start piling loads of rock isn't there a chance of the rock damaging the tank's glass if it falls from a higher position in the setup?

currently my LR is just stacked.on my new setup i will be drilling the rock and using cableties to attach the rocks to each,and placed other over my new LR stand.this will be better in terms of water circulation IMO

Ok, I like that idea, But that stand is more for a tower type reef ?

I am going to try the cable tie idea.

Do you lift the Rock off the substrate or tanK base ?

How do you work out the configuration you want ? Inside the tank and try duplicate after drilling ?

Any easier ways ?

Warr, there are no hard and fast rules.

It's pretty much a combination of finding the right pieces of rock and playing around with it till you get something you like, Kinda like building a puzzle :)

I like to take the pieces I'm working with out of the tank abd building the rock structure outside. Then I can chisel, drill and make the rocks fit together how I want them too. Cable ties work well and I've used pratley putty as well.

I have too many caves at present, give myself more coral growing space

Cool, I am going go for height and loads of ledges, I have 800mm depth

Only softies at present, leathers and stars, keep it simple,

I need to master the water condition first, before trying the more advanced corals. I have basically got the Nitrate, Nitrite, NO4, PO4 sorted. Still playing around with getting the Ph, KH and salt levels all perfect.

I am trying to work out the evaporation part of the equation, but should be sorted soon.

Why are you struggling with the evaporation? Just remember that all water that evaporates must be replaced with RO water, not salt water.

Yep, what Viper said, just mark a little line at the back of the tank, when it is full, then top up to that every day.

or get a auto top up unit i have one all i ahve to do is full a bucket every two days

Why are you struggling with the evaporation? Just remember that all water that evaporates must be replaced with RO water, not salt water.

That is my problem, I have been replacing with saltwater. will do a water replacement tomorrow.

Your salinity has probably escalated a bit, measure what it is at the moment then adjust it gradually over a week, not in one go.

warr
i like a rock structure as open as possible with plenty of caves and a good space from the back wall! take a look at deans setup some very cool aquascaping!

Back
Top Bottom