Aquaria 102 Newbie

Last edited:
OMG the sales of refractometers is going to go down. ;)

Sorry, that is a pic of a salinity pen. The pH looks the same.

Last edited:
Like I stated before, tank all done, however, I have only LR in my tank, and just a sand bed in the refugium. Should I add a rock to that as well, tank is only running for 48 hours thus far.

Gosh, There is so much needed to care for the little creatures. But I guess its all worth it. On that note, like I stated before, tank all done, however, I have only LR in my tank, and just a sand bed in the refugium. Should I add a rock to that as well, tank is only running for 24 hours thus far

Yes a few pieces of live rock would be good but not critical. Normally the more LR in your system the better. But you can only add so much LR to your display before it starts looking yuck.

If you have a light in your sump area, you can also put some macro algae in there. That helps suck up nutrients so there are less nutrients for micro algae.

A good ball of chaeto will accommodate a nice pod population.

My current setup. On day 4 of cycling.

image.jpg

welcome TO MASA. Really love these tanks. I v got one and it's come along way.Enjoy the tank.
Give the skimmer some time it will settle in.

welcome TO MASA. Really love these tanks. I v got one and it's come along way.Enjoy the tank.
Give the skimmer some time it will settle in.

My skimmer is still filling the Display with micro bubbles and its been running for 3 months now.

My skimmer is still filling the Display with micro bubbles and its been running for 3 months now.

Do you have yours at a low setting. That's what mine is set to and there just a few tiny bubbles around only as you can see

Yes, intake on the pump is closed as much as possible. Have played around with the setting but no luck. Saving up some cash then i am going to upgrade to a better skimmer.

Yes, intake on the pump is closed as much as possible. Have played around with the setting but no luck. Saving up some cash then i am going to upgrade to a better skimmer.

Maybe check with Aquaria SA as to why its doing that. My issue is that the Filter Compartment floats all the time. I have to remove from tank then place back for it to be down for maybe a few hours then back up it goes.

I used a piece of plastic, just jam it between the basket and the back pain.

Raise your water level then it will skim.My cup is full after 24 hours

Back
Top Bottom