Anybody wana go back to keeping gold fish

Reaction score
I think I need to go back to keeping goldfish :tt2:

Wllington, New Zealand - Two goldfish have survived 134 days since a devastating earthquake hit New Zealand without any pet food or electricity to power their tank filter.
The goldfish, named Shaggy and Daphne after characters in the television show Scooby Doo, were in a 100-liter tank in the reception area at Quantum Chartered Accountants in Christchurch when the earthquake struck, killing 181 people.
It was only this month that Quantum workers were allowed back into the building and found the fish alive.
Curator Paul Clarkson at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California says bacteria may have kept the water clean enough to sustain life and the fish may have eaten algae growing in the tank. And three companion goldfish disappeared without any trace

Goldfish survive 134 days without food - Back Page | IOL News | IOL.co.za

mmmmm My mother in laws 2 survived for over 2 month's when she stayed in Newcastle to sort out her hearing aids .... No food ... air pumps ... Nothing ..... We honestly forgot about them and when she went back .... Just cleaned the tank and carried on like nothing happened ..... Go Goldfish!

Mom also had some goldies in a pond outside (which she thought were all eaten by the cat), after the winter last year and almost 3 months after she last saw them they "re-appeared". That cold and no food.... amazing

Yoh they really hardy fish hey, thats why they so common as started fish and when people keep these fish, they think keeping any fish will be as easy. hehe. amazaing little buggers.

Back
Top Bottom