Antonio's reef tank

Reaction score
Hi, decided to get a new tank after struggling with my Boyu tl550 for a few years and have not be able to keep the corals I want. My new tank was build by Dorry pets its a 90 x 50x 50 cm tank and the sump is 80 x 43 x 42 (L x B x H) about 270 litters. For lighting I have a Odyssea39w quad unit my main return is a Sicce syncra silent 2.0 (2150 L/H) and a Eheim 200w Jager heater. I am still looking for a skimmer -what do you suggest.

Just started painting the back panel
picture.php

Filing tank with Ro water
picture.php

salt added took 3 days to clear up.
picture.php

Dun with aquascaping :thumbup:
picture.php

Aragonite added
picture.php

picture.php

(Don't now how to turn the photos)

Hi @Antonio, Nice system
For skimmers, you can look at the JNS2,
Reef octopus TS1 is pushing it, rather TS2
Anything up to approx. 700L
Good luck with the rest of the setup

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
thanks for the reply's. was thinking of going for a mixed reef but don't think I have sufficient light for SPS

was thinking of going for a mixed reef but don't think I have sufficient light for SPS
For lighting I have a Odyssea39w quad unit
There is nothing wrong with T5's for SPS. Many mind blowing SPS tanks are run on T5's. Just run good quality branded tubes and you'll be fine, you can start off with some easy going SPS like plating monti's and hystrix corals, they are generally fairly hardy and will let you fine tune your water to get them to colour up. But remember that light is not the only factor to successfully keeping SPS corals. ;)

Last edited:
Hi
Thinking of getting a reef octopus Diablo xs 160. What do you think of this skimmer?

Hi.
Thinking of getting a reef octopus Diablo xs 160 skimmer. What do you think of this skimmer?

HI. thanks everyone
I got a diablo skimmer now I just want to know should I run it during the cycle?

yes you can. First day or two it should / could pull out junk. Then it might stop doing anything. Just depends on the quality of the rocks you got.

That's a very nice tanks you've got there.Send us a pic with your sump and the skimmer

Thanks everyone
here is a pic of the sump
picture.php

picture.php

where should the water level in the skimmer be? and what do you use to filter the water (filter wool) and where is it?

on the pipe coming out of the skimmer, put a short downpipe on it, It will lessen the amount of bubbles and salt spray

Hi everyone.
How will I know if my cycle is done my water parameters are as follows NO2 is 0,NO3 is 5ppm and NH4 is 0.5mg/l this has been the reading for over a week so this is confusing me

Hi Antonio a couple of tips I have been going through the natural cycle process and I am at week 5 I have just started getting brown algae which is normally the last stages of cycle take ur time!!! U can add special blend etc but not a great believer in this. Try get some more active live rock in the system after four weeks u could add a set of clowns. What are u putting in ur second chamber? Is that going to be deep sand bed? Have u thought of phosphate remover?

Back
Top Bottom