Urgent help needed Anemone looks sick

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone tell me what could possibly be up with my Anemone? Its been perfect for a month now but this morning it looks like it does not want to get up.
pu8etydu.jpg

does it have a hard underside? If yes, then its a plate.

And yes, it will not like the clown in it. It will wither away eventually.

I only feed it once a week with the supplements that were given to me: Reef plus concentrate and and Power ART

It will enjoy the odd target feed. Mine like pellets and a bit of mysis.

MAybe try moving it to another spot in the tank, it wont thrive with a clown pestering it

Thank you 459b, being the novice that I am, how will you feed it and what is mysis?

That looks fine. Its definitely a long tentacle plate or Heliofungia
Mysis are small shrimp. You can buy them frozen in blister packs
Make sure food lands on it, food either naturally drifts to it or you can use a turkey baster to gently squirt food onto it.

Would I buy that at the pet shop and how do you feed the pellets? Any specific pellets?

i have a friend with the same plate coral ... and was not doing well while the clowns were hosting in it, we moved it to another tank and seems to be doing better with no clowns hosting

Plate coral one of the most difficult to keep in marine tanks. Pet shops should be banned from stocking them..

Plate coral one of the most difficult to keep in marine tanks. Pet shops should be banned from stocking them..

mine also withered away for no apparent reason so not sure what i did wrong but water was perfect, and no other life showing any signs of distress...

I havent witnessed this before. My three have all been bulletproof. One used to spend most of the time covered in substrate.
They can sometimes take a while to get used to light/flow of a new tank so initial placement can be crucial to their survival

Back
Top Bottom