Amount of cleaner shrimps?

Thanks J. I love them.

I watch Nano live all the time now when I'm home...

I must say it's going to be hard to feed the Lion only three times a week...I was begging last night. After I didn't give him he started to ignore me for the rest of the night. This mornign he was begging again :)

I just love them... when i stil had them when ever u place my hand inside of the tank they come rushing to my hand and cleaning it... Done this to show people that come visit and never seer marines in there live and i also turned some of them to marines...:thumbup:

Predator fish produces alot of wast... So whatever you do dont look him in the eye and see he's little puppy face begging for some food, you will feel sorry for him and feed him, i know happend to me...

I know what you mean Jason. He is a very good actor...

I really hope I can get him traded. It will do the system good, but alass my heart :(

I wanted too Matt, but I fear it might take too long. My Nitrate are high as it is in the Nano...

I am almost done painting the base :) Now I need a few strong men to lift the tank...

Thanks Alfie

I did a change last night. Before the change nitrate were sitting at 40.
Nitrite is still zero.

Nothing seems to be affected by the nitartes.. Have been keeoing an eye out for algae growth...nothing.
Just a bit of diatom on the glassm but the snails take care of that every night...

Just looked at this whole thread again. You are heavily stocked and water changes here are essential. Are you target feeding the Sun Coral? What are your phosphate parameters? What kit you using to test?

Yes the sun get's a mix of vitamin inriched brine shrimp and zoo plankton gently blown on the colony 1-2 per week. I crush a kril head to get them to open which happens in about 10 min after crushing the krill...

I use 2 different dip tests i got with the Nano. Not sure who they from...

I sold the Lion now and will move him probably over the weekend.

I also added extra carbon, Chem-Zorb and Nitra-zorb that all should help in lowering excessive phasphate, nitrite and nirate..

Did I shock you into silnce Alf? :whistling:

No just have been out. I would suggest that if you are going to get a bigger tank that it is well worth your while to invest in a decent test kit. IMO Seachem is the best of the over the counter lot.

Small fluctuations in a nano have an exagerated effect on the tank, that is why it is important to test regularly and do regular water changes (making sure your water quality that you are using has a 0 TDS reading. With regular water change regime all your parameters should be kept in check and there is no need to waste money by buying additives etc.

Thanks Alfie

I will definately buy better kits once my bank recovers :)

Is there any adverse affects I can keep an eye out for on the life stock to indicate that they ar ento happy? So far they seem very healthy to me..

The specific animals:
Torch coral
Nennie
Sun coral
Mushrooms
Zoanthus colony

Clown
Blue devil
Bangai caridanl
Lion
Mandarin
4 stripe damsel

Hi LappiesReef - I think the MOST common way that I know of, watch you corals, if they are retracted, and stay that way for a few days, then you should know that something is a miss.

W.r.t fish - I generically watch their behaviour - anything amiss, or perhaps "scratching" against rocks, wild darting around the tank, strange coloration, or perhaps ruffled plates, then there's something amiss.....

Fish you should notice in eating and corals in the way they open and behave, but you can,t rely on that. Is there not someone close to you that can check your parameters?
I would recommend a 10% water change daily to be on the safe side until you have it waxed.

Thanks Alf and J

So far all is behaving fine. Corals extend nicely fish are pigs when it comes to feeding time ect.

I'll keep up the water changes for a bit.

At last the shrimp poped and the tank was filled with little wriggling larvae :)

She shed her old skin and got a brand new one full of eggs...AGAIN.
Is it normal to immediately carry eggs after just having them?

Cool, my little red food factory :)

Shame i felt sorry for it suring the birthing process...The fish all surrounded her and picked them off as they hatched :( Guess they must taste realy good ;)

Back
Top Bottom