Aiptasia on LR

Jog

Reaction score
I bought LR from a guy with Aptasie on it. I have put the LR in a dark container filled with salt water. How long would it take for the Aptesia and spores to die? Or is there a better way to clean the LR?

Inject them with Joes Juice... kills them in an instant !!

not sure about that .... wait for one of the guru's to comment !

Joes juice is useless

I went and wasted my money on joes juice. It don't work at all. The little pests just eat it, sulk for a few days then come back strong as ever. I am being over run with them and am thinking about nuking them with hydrochloric acid.

I went and wasted my money on joes juice. It don't work at all. The little pests just eat it, sulk for a few days then come back strong as ever. I am being over run with them and am thinking about nuking them with hydrochloric acid.

agree it doesnt work!

nuke means to inject them or other means to get rid of them, like a nuclear bomb:thumbup:

i take the rock out the water and burn the basturds :wave2:
100% fool proof

just try and burn only the aptasia and not the whole rock, risne it in some saltwater afterwords and your good to go :thumbup:

joes juice is useless.

............ in your opinion and experience of course ;)

I have on the other hand had excellent results with this product, but each to their own !!

Just noticed my first aptasia:p

It's stuck on a piece of liverock that my green hamer coral is on. What would be the best way to get rid of the oke or should I just leave him:whistling:Would prefably not like more to spread and get hold of my tank

Aiptasia x by red sea works really well, they chow it and the next day they are gone, never had a problem with spores like with joe's juice, where it would make the anemone pop and release its cargo.
Or you could take the rock out and torch it like mentioned :thumbup:

Kalk paste with a syringe works! And is a spectacular event watching your aips explode ;)
Cool, I'm going to physically remove the piece that the aptasia is sitting on as I don't want to risk any more spreading:pI've always been very careful when it comes to these okes so have never had to deal with them myself:whistling:

I've got a couple on another piece of liverock in my extra tank that I'm going to play with:1:

Last edited:
I've been testing vinegar. It's cheap and it really works. Put the vinegar in the microwave till it boils and inject with syringe. I've left a couple of aptasia on the rocks and they don't seem to spread. The nuked ones haven't returned either. So now I'll zap the last ones.

I have been using a syringe + needle with a mix of lemon juice and white vinegar... seems to have worked like a charm... with no side effects on anything else (as far as i can tell). Just shove the needle into the aiptasia and give it a few mills... dissapears in a flash :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom