Adding doors to my stand.

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Need some help and advise on adding the.doors to my tank stand.
Not sure how to.Do it and what hingers or clips to use. Don't want to mess it up so any advise and pics of your tanks word help.

Thank you.

This is what my stand looks like.
I just have the doors placed against it for now.
IMG-20160917-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20160917-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20160904_151310.jpg

You can use velcro or magnets to hold them against yhe stand at least if you need to do maintenance you can take them off

Wont magnets rust with time? And how do you attach the magnets to the stand without drilling?

On my previous tank I carved two grooves in the door panel and glued the magnets in they then stuck to the metal stand ran it for three years and didn't have rust problems. It was only at the top of the door so not too much exposure to salt creep etc

On my previous tank I carved two grooves in the door panel and glued the magnets in they then stuck to the metal stand ran it for three years and didn't have rust problems. It was only at the top of the door so not too much exposure to salt creep etc

That is a great idea!! Thank you! What magnets did you use or should I rather ask, where did you buy them?

Hope you can make sense of this...

Build a wrap, which is removable for easy maintenance. The top slat is angled and the panel on the door has the opposite angle which allow the doors to hang on. Works well.
IMG_3378.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3378.JPG

Hope you can make sense of this...

Build a wrap, which is removable for easy maintenance. The top slat is angled and the panel on the door has the opposite angle which allow the doors to hang on. Works well.
IMG_3378.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3378.JPG

Awesome idea man. Need to figure out how to do it on the metal frame.

Back
Top Bottom