Adam's TL-450

Hi

1- Maldives is one of the most amazing place to dive in the world!

2- Tank looking good (especially through new camera).

3 - What is the nemi (looking) softy on this photo?

1 - It sure is!
2 - Why thank you :)
3 - It's a hairy green metallic mushroom or some sort of ric...

And have you lost/injured any fish?

I have lost some a long time back. Went away for some time and the dude looking after the tank didn't do proper topups. No deaths due to corals harming them or anything. I waited 2-3 months thereafter then added these clowns. Also, I think they are called rock anemone :)

Len, the pic doesnt show

It is on this pick I am revering to, it is the small one under the zoas.

304e35a86a8e53a.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the issue/problem with local and/or rock pool nemies?

It is on this pick I am revering to, it is the small one under the zoas.

304e35a86a8e53a.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the issue/problem with local and/or rock pool nemies?

There is no problem. I vaguely recall a post somewhere where they were mentioned to be bad. I've personally had no problems :)

There is no problem. I vaguely recall a post somewhere where they were mentioned to be bad. I've personally had no problems :)
The reason people say its bad is because they sting your coral, you see the polyps closest to it in the pics? well they closed cause they are being stung

The reason people say its bad is because they sting your coral, you see the polyps closest to it in the pics? well they closed cause they are being stung

Thanks for the comment. You do have a point! The zoas are getting stung but some days they make a huge comeback. They are also spreading as time goes... :)
Looking at the Xenia, they are surrounded by them and are fine... I tried removing those ones by injecting them which ended up releasing small bubbles. My finger had a small scratch and went numb for an hour... A bit worried to remove them so I let them be... Suggestions are welcome....

Last edited:
Eb your tank is looking stunning!! Kudos! Those hairy green shrooms are something I have always wanted in my tank! So rad! :) Stunning maldives pics too!

Eb your tank is looking stunning!! Kudos! Those hairy green shrooms are something I have always wanted in my tank! So rad! :) Stunning maldives pics too!

Thanks! I want them to spread a bit then we can do a swap perhaps ;)

Do they sting more than other anemones? If you keep them away from other coral are they fine? They looks stunning and are small (compare to other anemones) so could be a nice specie to keep? How sensitive are they?

PS Update would be good.

Hy eb hows the LED's doing?

They doing well. The Xenia's have grown. Have added some more corals as well. Some local zoas and some coral from a fellow reefers tank. Xenia is really like a forest! lol Will update soon! :)

Maybe time for an update with some pics?:tt2::biggrin:
Coming soon! :)
Do they sting more than other anemones? If you keep them away from other coral are they fine? They looks stunning and are small (compare to other anemones) so could be a nice specie to keep? How sensitive are they?

PS Update would be good.

Agreed. They seem cool and need no dedicated maintenence. I need to move them away from my red zoas and i'll be happy. Problem is that if I remove the rock, my scaping will change. Anyone have ideas? :)

Thanks for the comments...

Update Time

Hello everyone! :)

Time for a smallish update.

A number of updates ago, I had a list of things to do:
- New auto-feeder - paid for, need to pick up. - Not picked up as yet.
- RO Unit. - Not Done.
- Topup pump upgrade. - Not Done
- Glass shrimp. - Not Done.
- New hermits. - Done & got Cushin Stars as well.
- 2 Ocellaris Clowns. - Done.

There is still lots to do.

LED Progress
As far my LED upgrade goes, the coral seems to be happier and the water temperature is quite cool and stable. I have also adjusted the bulbs so the blind spot is now gone. As a result, I won't be changing optics.

Livestock
I've added some zoas and a few other corals. Photos will follow soon. There are 3 new hermits and 3 cushion stars.
My clowns developed black spots (which I read is normal) and have also laid eggs. I disturbed the eggs BY MISTAKE!! Was a bad move on my part.
The rock anemone has grown and I need advice on moving/removing them without moving the rock.

Photos!!!

Rainbow Zoas and Bright Green Zoas.
View attachment 140008

Rainbow Zoas :)
View attachment 140009

Bright Green Zoas.
View attachment 140010

Clowns - hosting in a Ricordea (they love the ric which has begun to open to it's full size with the clowns on/in it, so I guess it's a love-love relationship)
View attachment 140011

Cushion Starfish - Underneath
View attachment 140012

Cushion Starfish on the glass :)
View attachment 140013

PS: A better and even more recent FTS will follow soon to show how the growth has been from installation till tomorrow (or so) :)

Back
Top Bottom