Acyrilic, Perspex and Plastic

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
Okie rant time!

please can someone tell me why the above are so !@#$%^&*( expensive...

I have called both suppliers for acyrillic here and both dont sell to the public as usual in this country, but their resellers mark it up by 1000%

or are these expensive all over the world?

Nah, we're just screwed over. I think in the states acrylic in some cases is cheaper than glass.

it really !@#$ off, i wish i could get a straight answer from them

monopoly.

also why a lot of us have a look at a skimmer or any reactor. And ask ourselves, why can we not do it ourself? Phosphate reactor, its just a tube. No rocket science. Can be done on a Saturday afternoon and be finish before the braai. Until we get prices for the tube and other connectors. Just as well can go and buy yourself the real thing. And then it would look nice, sometimes my DIY skills are questionable, actually more my patience.

I did a DIY 39W 6 tube light unit. Took me a Saturday morning to get it together. Looked crap, but it worked. And the week later I could buy a complete proper unit (with tubes) for same money that I spent on ballast, end caps, wires and tubes.

also why a lot of us have a look at a skimmer or any reactor. And ask ourselves, why can we not do it ourself? Phosphate reactor, its just a tube. No rocket science. Can be done on a Saturday afternoon and be finish before the braai. Until we get prices for the tube and other connectors. Just as well can go and buy yourself the real thing. And then it would look nice, sometimes my DIY skills are questionable, actually more my patience.

I did a DIY 39W 6 tube light unit. Took me a Saturday morning to get it together. Looked crap, but it worked. And the week later I could buy a complete proper unit (with tubes) for same money that I spent on ballast, end caps, wires and tubes.

i hear you... but its madness...
i am going to have to sort this out ASAP
*evil grin*

Back
Top Bottom