A DIY Calcium Reactor

23347833ec3a3f45.jpg

Most DIY guys would have drilled the plate full of holes but I had better things to do than waste time drilling holes.Three quick cuts with my Dremel did the job nicely.

23347833ec32fc1c.jpg

In keeping with my idea that the components should be off the shelf I popped down to the local LFS for a good scratch behind the counter.This filter foam was a good fit.

Very nice DIY work there zookeeper, would be perfect for a phosphate reactor as well.

What is the total cost so far?

Very lekker zookeeper, thats a nice build

Very nice DIY work there zookeeper, would be perfect for a phosphate reactor as well.

What is the total cost so far?
Viper I`m not to sure but around the R500 mark.Add another R200 for a small pump and a couple more small fittings.Media will of course be up to you.

Looking good Zookeeper, have you got pics of the inlet and outlet

are you building a buBble counter too?

Unfortuately I am not very good at handy work so I wont even attempt, How about the DIY proffesionals offer there services for a fee?

Nice DIY Zookeeper.

Have you commisioned this reactor yet ?

I wonna see it working :D

awesome dude! i'm busy setting up from scratch & will be needing a carbon, phosphate & calcium reactor, perhaps i can build all 3 like this!? thanks for the groundbreaking work man! :thumbup:

awesome dude! i'm busy setting up from scratch & will be needing a carbon, phosphate & calcium reactor, perhaps i can build all 3 like this!? thanks for the groundbreaking work man! :thumbup:
Sorry can`t take credit for something thats been done a thousand times by other reefers.Glad that I could inspire you Punk.

Sorry can`t take credit for something thats been done a thousand times by other reefers.Glad that I could inspire you Punk.

You did share and make the idea accessible to other reef keepers, so for that you have full credit:thumbup:

You did share and make the idea accessible to other reef keepers, so for that you have full credit:thumbup:

Agreed. Union mod is an improvement on any reactor design i have seen. Makes me wonder why it is not more common place.

Agreed. Union mod is an improvement on any reactor design i have seen. Makes me wonder why it is not more common place.

Agreed. Had to fill mine this afternoon and had to break out the spanners and fiddle with bolts. PITA !!

Back
Top Bottom