8000 Liter reeftank in the Dominican Republic

The holes are for the retun of the sump !
Returns should rather go over the top with proper siphon breaks. How will this design work when the power goes out? Remember one way valves are not fail safe.

Alternative is a return box, just like a slimline overflow, same height as overflow. But with a piece of glass on top creating a 5mm slot facing forward. If power goes out, then the water level can only drop that much, no siphon break needed. Place this return so that water makes nice circular movement on top of the tank, pushing floating stuff towards to overflow.

Returns should rather go over the top with proper siphon breaks. How will this design work when the power goes out? Remember one way valves are not fail safe.

Alternative is a return box, just like a slimline overflow, same height as overflow. But with a piece of glass on top creating a 5mm slot facing forward. If power goes out, then the water level can only drop that much, no siphon break needed. Place this return so that water makes nice circular movement on top of the tank, pushing floating stuff towards to overflow.

Riaan

thanks for the Info. The design of return was not finished, bcs i did not know how to work with the Software. :whistling:

Update. Moving slow because of the Hurrican

27.10.01.jpg

27.10.jpg

Last edited:
I will install a closed Loop System for the flow !
The Idea is to work with 2 Pumps. Any recomendations which Pump and size would fit for my Tank ?

in a closed loop system with a tank this size i would be emailing Royal exclusive and seeing what pumps they have to suit. they are expensive, but its German engineering where you need it most on a tank:)

you are obviously importing alot of your hardware, have you looked at the prices from our German sponsors Sewatec, i think they would supply you with almost all you might need:)

you are obviously importing alot of your hardware, have you looked at the prices from our German sponsors Sewatec, i think they would supply you with almost all you might need:)

I will contact them! Any idea how many Liters to move per Hour to get a good Flow ?

sorry, no i dont. i have no experience with working on such large systems (regretably) i think you would be better off asking bob the reef builder, or robvbd. they have bigger systems. alan might be able to help you too:)

Next week Concrete work will be done

the 3 tubes on the right side will be connected to a Tank in the Garden, which will be 3 mtr subterranen. the Idea is to cool down the water temperature while the Day ! Additionally the Tank will be connected to the Houseentrance (Street) , where the a truck with real Ocean water can fill the Tank!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom