80 x 80 x 50 Cube

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just a bit of history.

Started my first tank in Nov 2013 120 x 50 x 55
Got tank matured and stocked up.

Haven’t been very successful in terms of coral growth but managed to keep everything alive (corals and fish) including GHA and cyno and aptasia, problem was, I’m a lazy reefer but have learnt a lot.:tt2:

Right, due to a nosey neighbour and me not wanting to kill her I decided we have to move.

Right, get a small cube 50 x 50 x 50 and transfer stock and sell tangs. Sold the 4 ft tank.

I have now moved into new house last weekend and moved the small cube over with no losses, I must say I was stressed as I have never moved marines before. All seems fine tho.

Right, onto the good stuff.

A non-sponsor is building my new cube and sump. I’ve has a wooden stand built but not happy with it so will be adding a few supports over the weekend. should get new tank on Monday if all goes well.

Here is my old 4 ft

Port Elizabeth-20140311-00298.jpg

Now, I have some rock that was in old system.

It was in RO for a month and been dry for another month.

Could I use this in new system when I transfer or will this cause a spike and cycle? want to use old rock with new.

You going to go through a cycle no matter what you do. Using cycled rock just gives it a little nudge. But no that rock is not considered live rock anymore going to have to get re-cycled.

Rather pre-cycle the rock in a bucket with a flow pump and heater for a few weeks, doing 100% water changes in the bucket while measuring ammonia etc..
That way you avoid that happening in your tank.

Yes, but will be like a mini cycle sometimes not even detectable, anything new in a tank will cycle. You can use Prodibio to cycle the LR and you can add it 3 days later with no ill affects. You can buy the single items of Prodibio. Get StopAmmo, Biodigest and Bioptim. One ampoule of each will be good for a buck with your LR for 3 days

Back
Top Bottom