lol @Rory

That's what you use "brute force crackers" for! LOL!

LOL @ Warr!

Warr - you wanna share an AV joke? I have them too! ;-) BTW: What ya think of a Yamaha DSP-A1 amplifier?

Great spec, but a little over priced locally.

The unit I really like at the moment is the Sony DA5300es and it costs less than R10K.

There no jokes in AV, because evryone is so dam serious :(

LOL Warr!

Just asking - I have one - bought mine when I was living in The Netherlands.... ;)

What speakers would you normally match the amp up with? I have 2 Mission 702 midi-bookshelves as front surround/main (L+R) speakers, one Yamaha centre surround (2 mids + tweater - not sure of model), and 2 x Celestion book-shelves at the rear ;-)

The joke in AV is the people who pay thousands for a single piece of cable,sorry, interconnect. Then the people who claim the $500000 speaker is $100000 better than the $400000 speaker...

The Image Uploader is temporarily disabled due to the server move, it will be available once the move has been completed.
Thank You.

Are you fin??;)
lmao :lol: cheeky bugger, hang on a sec, will sort it now.

LOL Warr!

Just asking - I have one - bought mine when I was living in The Netherlands.... ;)

What speakers would you normally match the amp up with? I have 2 Mission 702 midi-bookshelves as front surround/main (L+R) speakers, one Yamaha centre surround (2 mids + tweater - not sure of model), and 2 x Celestion book-shelves at the rear ;-)

Those speakers will do the job. That is a clever amp. it will match it's power output to the actual speaker.

My preference is floorstanding cabinets as they hit the lower frequencies, better.

The joke in AV is the people who pay thousands for a single piece of cable,sorry, interconnect. Then the people who claim the $500000 speaker is $100000 better than the $400000 speaker...

Yeah - you 100% right Rory - I am so glad that I got a REALLY decent AV system while I was living in Europe, for the cost of a small "el cheap" set here in SA.....

Those speakers will do the job. That is a clever amp. it will match it's power output to the actual speaker.

My preference is floorstanding cabinets as they hit the lower frequencies, better.
Thanks Warr - I agree - BUT, at least I have an active woofer (120 watt RMS Sansui) to assist with my "lower frequencies" ;-)

Cheers, mate!

:peroni: :biggrin:

Thanks Warr - I agree - BUT, at least I have an active woofer (120 watt RMS Sansui) to assist with my "lower frequencies" ;-)

Cheers, mate!

Subs, now that is another great subject - most people make the mistake of only having one sub or a sub that is way to small.

I normally run stereo sub setups (L+R) and use nice low freq. like Velodyne or Sunfire.

Most systems overdrive their subs and the frequencies distort.

If a sub is run probably it will create the true "3D" sound

LOL! You right - my amp has 2 sub outputs, and also "throughputs" (input/output combo's). I only have the one - it's a MONSTER - I run it at only +-1/3 volume and it PUMPS.... I have quite reasonable 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS performance. My sounds is FAR better than any of the cinema's that I went to in the past 2 years in SA... So, for me - I am happy..... Also - the sound dynamics of my house is not 100% perfect.... So - for what I have, and get out, I am happy....

LOL! You right - my amp has 2 sub outputs, and also "throughputs" (input/output combo's). I only have the one - it's a MONSTER - I run it at only +-1/3 volume and it PUMPS.... I have quite reasonable 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS performance. My sounds is FAR better than any of the cinema's that I went to in the past 2 years in SA... So, for me - I am happy..... Also - the sound dynamics of my house is not 100% perfect.... So - for what I have, and get out, I am happy....

Sounds (cuse the pun) like a nice setup.

You must hear the new HD audio formats, you will never get cinema sounding like this lossless sound these 7.2 systems pump out.

Back
Top Bottom