63L Softie and LPS Nano take 2

Reaction score
So after the whole glass bow issue on my current tank I have decided to start over. Plan to keep softies, LPS, 2 or 3 fish and some inverts.
700x300x300 6mm polished glass
Bubble magus QQ
Seio M620
200W Jager Heater
DIY LED light unit, 15x3W Cree. 5 Cool white and 10 Royal Blue
Aragonite substrate
+-15 Kg liverock
Seachem Purigen, Carbon matrix, Phosgaurd in internal fiter as needed

Pics to follow

Last edited:
I am getting the tank built by a LFS, I got some quotes on glass, was R360 per sqm for 6mm and then they charge R30 per m length for polish. Wouldve cost me around R600 for the glass with polished edges, they guy from the LFS custom builds tanks and gets the glass a lot cheaper so he is charging me R360 for the built tank with 6mm polished. Will post pics as I make progress, for now I am waiting for the tank and LEDs to arrive as ordered.

A quick update, still waiting for the tank to be completed. I have resprayed the stand and decided to build an Arduino control for the system as well. I have also decided to rather go for a 100W or 150W heater.
Stand before spraying.
picture.php

Stand after spraying and in position. In the back is the half drained tank, the livestock will just be moved over. On the stand I will have a wood surface on top as well as in the middle. The wood surface below the top one will house all of the electronics and I will drill 3 holes through the top one to take the wiring to the lower level.
picture.php

Simple suggestion. Wrap the wood in plastic. Use the heavy duty paint drop sheet. It will protect the wood for years. You will mess water, everybody does.

Nope no sump on this one keeping it as basic as possible, can always add a sump at a later stage if I want. I have varnished the wood last night so will see how water resistant it is, I want to keep it like this for now due to the aesthetic effects, if it does work out that well I can always change it later, tank is small enough and easy to maneuver.
Here is a pic of the stand and wood in place, glued the wood on with silicone.
picture.php

Back
Top Bottom