• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

60 pics of our new corals - may

37824dc29cf226248.jpg

What is that and how much for it? :D

37824dc29cf226248.jpg

What is that and how much for it? :D

@HenkHugo

African blue zenia
QUICK STATS Care Level: Moderate Temperament: Peaceful Lighting: Moderate Waterflow: Medium Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025 Color Form: Blue, Purple Supplements: Iodine, Trace Elements Origin: Aquacultured - Drs. Foster & Smith Family: Xeniidae
What do these Quick Stats mean? Click here

overview
The Blue Cespitularia is a truly unique color form making it one of the hobby's most sought after soft corals. The Blue Cespitularia, also called the Blue Xenia, has elegant polyps dressed in a vibrant and breathtaking blue coloration sure to captivate any onlooker. In fact, many aquarists build entire aquascapes around this Cespitularia coral. As an added advantage, this Blue Cespitularia is aquacultured at our state-of-the-art facility to better ensure transport and acclimation to conventional home marine water parameters. The aquacultured Blue Cespitularia helps reduce the strain placed on our ocean's fragile reefs.

Like many colorful corals, the Blue Cespitularia hosts symbiotic zooxanthellae algae within its body. These algae provide the Blue Cespitularia with the majority of its nutritional requirements. However, the addition of zooplankton and other foods for filter feeders is beneficial and helps promote both health and color development.
The Blue Cespitularia will thrive and adapt to light emitted by a variety of lighting fixtures ranging from VHO, T-5, compact fluorescent or lower wattage metal halide lighting. Alter their position in the aquarium depending on the lighting fixture. Proper lighting combined with moderate water current within the aquarium will help maximize this coral's growth. To create ideal water movement, use supplemental water movement devices such as power heads or additional pumps.
For continued good health, the Blue Cespitularia will require the addition of iodine and other trace elements to the water. The Blue Cespitularia is mounted to a square porous block that can be cut down with a pair of sturdy scissors. Approximate Purchase Size: Closed (upon arrival): 3/4" - 1 1/4" Open (fully acclimated): 1" - 1 1/2"

Last edited by a moderator:
Great having the "Quickstats" and the link... very convenient and user friendly!:thumbup:

@toppdogg

Dude P.E misses you !!!!!!
i remember when you used to get LS like that at your old shop
dont get quality stock like that here anymore
:thumbup: nice one dave

Hey long time no hear...
hope all is well there , raining yet ?
I hear the all but my old shop is sold or in the prossess of being sold...

J is taking some zoos in a couple of weeks if you want me to send somthing down for you.
Just went through your thread - been a while , its looking great !
Im thinking ( allot ) of starting at home again , but we have old wooden floors and a decent sized tank will fall through.

Now contemplating a outside tank , similer to P.E ???
Will keep following your thread.

Missing you P.E guys too.
David

Last edited:
ps jstplayin, if you lookat my avatar i think this pic of one of my zoas (excluding actinic) is probably the same as the one you now have(they have been my favourite for a while now)

Yes i thourght you might like it ;)

I see you made the thread of available stock as I suggested :thumbup::thumbup: excellent exposure for you:thumbup:

Pleas ID these below and price please...as well as the camouflaged fish

This is the red based sand anamone, place him between 3 rocks , but on the substrate , as long as he can retract and be surrounded by cover , he shouldnt move.
Price R279.95
37824dc29d56d82f1.jpg

Watermellon mushrooms R349.95
Spotted manderine R198.95 - needs a mature system with lots of copiapods
to eat well and survive.
37824dc299f94db5f.jpg

pink tipped bubble coral R500.00
Picture does not do it justis , looking awsome today.

37824dc29a5e68dc2.jpg

Brown sand anamone, -see the 3 rocks used to make his spot, moved one just before the pic was taken - R249.95

37824dc29c27eb539.jpg

White Malu anamone with purple tips - R349.95 - Large and stunning.
Gonia poura labata R349.90 - a difficult coral to keep

37824dc294f373505.jpg

Anamone and new corals

those anenomies, are they hosts to common clowns?

i think your common clowns will prefire this radianthis - we have 2 left @ R279.95
GSP bottom left are R369.95 - very big rock.
37824dc3aeb8d239e.jpg

MTL green mushrooms and green zoos on rock R369.95
37824dc3af219f75c.jpg

goniapoura Flowerpot @ R298.95
Mouve/green Anchor coral @ R369.95

37824dc3af821abeb.jpg

Zooanthoid with 2 coloures R298.95
37824dc3afdf757a4.jpg

Goniapoura flowerpot - top left R279.95
Goniapoura stekesi - Rpurple /mouve ball R349.95
37824dc3b01f56ed8.jpg

MTLC green frogspawn @ R389.95
37824dc3b057b9a8d.jpg

Thanks
David

i think your common clowns will prefire this radianthis - we have 2 left @ R279.95
GSP bottom left are R369.95 - very big rock.
37824dc3aeb8d239e.jpg

Thanks
David

Im just worried that this nennie will walk all over my coral etc...
due to my narrow tank:blush:

will make a turn saturday:thumbup: with my cousin (you should know him) and maybe hassan (you should know him as well)

Back
Top Bottom