6 Line Needs Attention….

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Need some help here, my 6-line has started to develop a strange
bump/ pimple on his head in between the middle of his eyes.
I noticed it on Saturday, a white spot started to appear then on Sunday
noticed the bump. Now the pics aren’t very clear, had to use the video
camera as you guys no this fish never stops swimming round, let alone
lets you take a picture of him.

Any advice or information would gladly be appreciated.

Cheers.

Wez
14584bfaa40be7d84.jpg

14584bfaa377dc740.jpg

14584bfaa3270cbd2.jpg

Wish i could help cus i have a 6 line aswell minus the lump, i am astounded that you got a pic of it, my wrasse knows when i take photos and avoids the lens like a pro lol. not a photogenic fish.

Wish i could help cus i have a 6 line aswell minus the lump, i am astounded that you got a pic of it, my wrasse knows when i take photos and avoids the lens like a pro lol. not a photogenic fish.

LOL.....I no exactly what you mean, clever little buggers. I just wish i knew what
this bump is all about, i love this guy to bits his full of character and does a good job in my tank.....dont want to lose him.

Hey Guys.

Just found this article on Reefkeeping.com (http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/sp/index.php). Could a tumor be a possibility?

Tumors:
There is a passing mention of a type of tumor that can cause lesions similar to those seen in Blasiola's 1990 article. He states that some species of damselfish have exhibited raised or eroded areas that resemble MHLLE on their head, and that this was caused by a type of tumor that spread from nerve fibers. Unfortunately, that is the extent of this passage and no reference for further investigation is provided.
Along these same lines, I will add that I have seen some wrasses, most notably the green bird wrasse (Gomphosus varius) and lunar wrasse (Thalassoma lunare), develop tumor-like lumps around their face after being in captivity for extended periods of time. While wrasses are generally thought to be resistant to MHLLE (Hemdal, 2003), I believe it is possible that this is a different manifestation of MHLLE. However, I will freely admit that this could be something else entirely. At the very least, it is another abnormal, mysterious aliment that seems to only afflict fish held in captivity. As such, in my opinion, it warrants further investigation.

Disprin, Ponado...?

sorry, do not know.

Hi FlipWhip - unfortunately I think that you could possibly be 100% correct, with the rumor, mate.

Now - that said - there is not really much that you can do about this. Let the fish just go on with it's short little life. As long as it feeds healthily, and you can keep the water in a pristine condition, then you should still have the little fella around for quite a while still......

Good luck.

that looks hectic,is the 6line still eating?

Hey maj

Yes he is still eating as normal.

Hi FlipWhip - unfortunately I think that you could possibly be 100% correct, with the rumor, mate.

Now - that said - there is not really much that you can do about this. Let the fish just go on with it's short little life. As long as it feeds healthily, and you can keep the water in a pristine condition, then you should still have the little fella around for quite a while still......

Good luck.

Thanks jacquesb

Ill keep what you said in mind and do my my best.

Wow this is hectic! Never seen anything like this. How long has he had it flipwhip?

Jd

Today is the fourth day.....as i said i noticed it on Saturday.

You know, without doing a biopsy of the thing, I'm not sure there's anyway to know for sure. I think you'll just have to wait and see what happens. I want to *guess* that it looks like the result of some kind of physical trauma (or perhaps repeated irritation)... like, say, from trying to stick his "nose" into a hole or crack, maybe trying to get at something to eat. But who knows? If he seems otherwise happy and healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet.

You know, without doing a biopsy of the thing, I'm not sure there's anyway to know for sure. I think you'll just have to wait and see what happens. I want to *guess* that it looks like the result of some kind of physical trauma (or perhaps repeated irritation)... like, say, from trying to stick his "nose" into a hole or crack, maybe trying to get at something to eat. But who knows? If he seems otherwise happy and healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet.

Thanks Sara ;)

Like i said he is sill very active and still eating, so it dosent look like its bothering
that much. So i guess like you said we will just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom