40L Nano

Reaction score
Could anybody tell me what extra can i do or put in to make my tank look a little more attractive ?

IMG-20110807-00211.jpg

IMG-20110807-00218.jpg

IMG-20110807-00214-1.jpg

more corals will do the trick and please take off that fake background we dont have fake sticker backgrounds in marine tanks.

Blue figi live Rock would add some color to the tank- look for pieces with Deep Blue.

Last edited:
Live rock would help its got so much life on it makes the tank interesting, and would also help with filteration. More coral maybe some nice shrooms.:)

Is that a jebo R338? nice tanks got one at the moment, setting up a larger tank at the moment.

Could anybody tell me what extra can i do or put in to make my tank look a little more attractive ?
Get some matured l/r as already mentioned..ad some softies ..Zinias is a nice addition and shrooms to start off with and don’t require any feeding so no polluting the system..and wait for the system to build..It won’t be to long before you start seeing the changes..take it slow be patient..It’s a small system and you shouldn’t stock too quickly..and don’t over feed those clowns they only need maybe 4 sinking pellets each at a time these don’t pollute the water over night if not eaten..I would stay away from flake foods and frozen foods as it could pollute the water if not eaten..it’s a small tank and easy too manage and if managed will give you a lot of joy..

The live rock will help but get pieces in proportion to your tanks size. Smaller pieces stacked up with look more textured and in proportion to the size of the tank. It's no good having a small tank with one massive piece of live rock as it looks out of place.

You will also want to buy frags of corals instead of massive colonies and allow them to grow into place by sticking them onto the rocks. You dont need massive colonies in a small place as they will look out of place

Also get rid of that gravel as it's going to look terrible when it starts getting dirty. Use fine sand or aragonite which is more appealing and natural. You can paint the back of your tank with black or blue (whichever you prefer) which will make the corals stand out

Also get rid of that gravel as it's going to look terrible when it starts getting dirty.
@Tony...what is wrong in using crushed coral...? It's in already.. Why change it..? any gravel will get dirty...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tony...what is wrong in using crushed coral...? It's in already.. Why change it..? any gravel will get dirty...

That substrate will trap detritus easily due to the size of the pieces which will allow dirt to fall in between the pieces. Algae will attach itself to the pieces because they are big enough to allow it. Yes finer substrate will get dirty but kicking it up or vacuuming it will remove the dirt

Yes finer substrate will get dirty but kicking it up or vacuuming it will remove the dirt
Point taken ..but so will the crushed coral ...myne has been in my tank 15 years now and are still white and i only vacume it every 3 months or so..all the same to me..sorry..

Is that a jebo R338? nice tanks got one at the moment, setting up a larger tank at the moment.

Cool man put up some pics , oh awsurm im actually thinking about doing the same. just gotta find one now, so hopefully soon

Get some matured l/r as already mentioned..ad some softies ..Zinias is a nice addition and shrooms to start off with and don’t require any feeding so no polluting the system..and wait for the system to build..It won’t be to long before you start seeing the changes..take it slow be patient..It’s a small system and you shouldn’t stock too quickly..and don’t over feed those clowns they only need maybe 4 sinking pellets each at a time these don’t pollute the water over night if not eaten..I would stay away from flake foods and frozen foods as it could pollute the water if not eaten..it’s a small tank and easy too manage and if managed will give you a lot of joy..

Thanks man , yeah i've been feeding them these omega one marine pellets not too much , they seem fine and my water is crystal clear

Thanks man , yeah i've been feeding them these omega one marine pellets not too much , all going well fine and my water is crystal clear :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom