30 Days and counting

Reaction score
Well, after learning so much about this hobby/sport/lifestyle (and mostly from all of you), having changed my setup, built another sump, etc its now starting to take shape....

Skimmer, more LR coming soon.... ( like this week)....

39864d370c3d8fb6f.jpg

diatoms looks like fading.

What is that black standpipe for?

@RiaanP

Its some kind of a stand I put together to hold the bio rock with... It wont be visible once I get more LR.... (I know it looks terrible)...

What does "diatoms look like fading" mean?
Measured Ammonia and Nitrite this morning and levels are "0"... But as Im adding in more LR in the next day or two, I'll wait another couple of weeks and test again...

Last edited by a moderator:
@RiaanP

Its some kind of a stand I put together to hold the bio rock with... It wont be visible once I get more LR.... (I know it looks terrible)...

What does "diatoms look like fading" mean?
Measured Ammonia and Nitrite this morning and levels are "0"... But as Im adding in more LR in the next day or two, I'll wait another couple of weeks and test again...

Meaning your diatoms are going away wich is a good sign that your tank is almost done with its cycle.

that brown stuff on the sand... Diatoms

looks like the end of their cycle.

This is the sump setup... cant wait for my skimmer to come....

39864d380f8f33487.jpg

dont change a thing, thats perfect for now, just add the skimmer and wham.

hey mate, you should rather use a solid pvc pipe and remove that black pipe as water in it will be pretty much stagnant and will slowly build up biological waste, so it will become a problem in the future :) .. Looking good so far :slayer:

What if I glue them together (base rock) with pratley? I was told its non toxic once set?

thats fine, i do that, i also use tubing to make it more stable.

for a nice effect and good swimming space, a suggestion, i will add the branching tonga bracmh LR on top of that rock structure will look awesome, and they get it covered some corals down the line

very nice setup man;) once you have added some more live rock,give it a couple more days and then retest.you will also see a huge difference once you have added your skimmer:)

Hey mate! Problem with sticking your rocks together, in the end you are going to end up with one big rock lol.. You could also glue a pvc rod to a pvc base and drill a hole in the rock and stack the rocks through the rod. This will be nice and stable. ziyaadb uses it and it looks really great! :)

So maxisoft where are the fish? :thumbup:

Mr Butcherman..... as you request that livestock gets inserted into my new "just cycled" tank, and that I'm not sure as yet weather all parameters are in order, would it be ok if we came around and did some fishing in your tank with a net so as to test the 'fish worthiness' of my tank? :nono: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2:

Dallas bringing some chromis tonight..... Watch this space... :lookhere:

Back
Top Bottom