1St tank is running!!!

Here is similar set up to yours set up exactly like @RiaanP explained 90 litre tank drilled with a 60 litre below as the sump this is my quarantine tank I intensionly dropped the over flow lower so that the water display in the tank was lowered thus causing less stress on the glass probably lost about 20 litres of extra weight these tanks seem to be ideal with fresh water and the glass seems super stressed when filled to the top with salt water I must of had a 1 cm bulge in the glass the first time I filled up that's when I decided to drop the water level (salt being denser then fresh water) just a precaution cracked tanks every reefers worst nightmare happy reefing @leeg don't stop asking questions and drop your water level or at least check your tank from the side and see if u notice a bulge on the front and back window pains cheers bud

1414606473529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @viskop kenny,
if I lower the water in the tank I guess I wont still be-able to drill it?
as there is still water in or can I?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running a standard 90L Daro as my quarantine systme. With water level less than 2cm from the top.

Yes agreed, the front and back pane does bow out a lot. Looking down the front of the tank you can clearly see the bow. Tank been running like that for more than 3 years.

You can add a center brace, if that will make you sleep better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom