Something we don't like to do

Reaction score
My first powerhead service and I know you guys would like pics. From the outside I thought these powerheads were going be fill of coralline inside.

528485e765393909.jpg

I was also concerned the actual inlets would closeup

528485e7675eebf4.jpg

On opening up the unit I was quite surprised, only minor algae inside. Shows what a great design these Seio's are.

528485e76da4b196.jpg

After taking apart all bits and pieces were chuck into a bucket of vinegar (with no chips - Weeman ;))

528485e772b2be26.jpg

After 10 minutes the vinegar had turned red

528485e7750680a1.jpg

After about 20-30 minutes of soaking in the vinegar, time to scrub down and put back together

528485e77de33459.jpg

All good as new

528485e7825a54d9.jpg

Cool pictorial Warr, i would reccommend all reefers do this every couple of moths to ensure the powerheads are efficient and last much longer, skimmers like it too, but don't use a strong solution as it can weaken and shorten the life of the equipment.

geez those heads really look good inside. How long has it been since your last service or since you put them in??

6 Months, when you take it apart you will be well impressed with the design. Basically keeping the motor section separate from the water/impeller section

wow 1 is to 20! that weak. i would of used 1:0! learn something new everyday, espically in this hobby! warr what kind of solution did you use?

Warr you made me feel bad and I just cleaned my skimmer cup. The stuff around the inside of the neck was so thick the neck was basically closed! :( (don't try this at home)

My skimmer only *just* fits in my sump. I hadn't cleaned it in 3 weeks because with the cold weather the glass/sump has shrunk enough that I can't even get the cup off. I had to pour cold RO water all over the skimmer body/cup and pour half boiled RO water down the sides of the glass etc to get it out...

Warr you made me feel bad and I just cleaned my skimmer cup. The stuff around the inside of the neck was so thick the neck was basically closed! :( (don't try this at home)

:biglaugh:

I can only imagine the smell :lol:

Back
Top Bottom