White spots on new regal tang

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've bought a regal tang this morning and introduced him to my main tank... NO - I did not put it in a separate system first - i know this should have being done....

Problem is - this little oke have some very little white spots. He is scratching against the rocks, and hiding away.

I don't want to try and catch him, as that would stress him out even more. I do have corals and a nemmie in the tank. Thus copper treatment is out of the question....

I've read about Malachite Green in this artical:
Marine Aquariums of South Africa
- Can anyone please advice on the use of Malachite Green?
And i've read that i must leave the fish be for now - that the white spot can go away on it's self - I'm very scared that i'll loose this pricy little fish - even worse - infect my other fish.

This will teach me to first put all new fish in a separate tank!!!!

is he feeding Raven?also remember when choosing any fish or coral make sure there are no signs of diseases present before buying.should there be whitespots etc...ask the LFS to hold it for you until the fish is healthy before collecting

Don't use any chemical treatment in your display tank.

If you're lucky, the immune system of the fish will kick in and he will 'self heal'. If not, he will infect the other fish as well. If this happens, you will have to either remove all the fish to a Q-tank, or remove all the inverts, LR, etc. and turn the display into a hospital tank.

Hennie

Yip - he is feeding.
How effective is cleaner wrasse's to remove white spot?
I don't have any at this stage, but just for future ref...

Don't use any chemical treatment in your display tank.

If you're lucky, the immune system of the fish will kick in and he will 'self heal'. If not, he will infect the other fish as well. If this happens, you will have to either remove all the fish to a Q-tank, or remove all the inverts, LR, etc. and turn the display into a hospital tank.

Hennie
Thanks Hennie!
How long do you recon must i wait for the self heal, and also - what do you think about adding garlic to the food?
I've noted that there is now clear answer on this yet.

garlic will help.good thing he is eating.continue feeding,also try feeding bananas,the tangs love it

Bananas - thats a first for me.. :lol:
how do one feed them this?
Mashed/broken into smaller pieces ext?

what do you think about adding garlic to the food?
I've noted that there is now clear answer on this yet.

Personally, I believe that the only good garlic does is to make the aquarist feel that he/she is doing something... fortunately, it is not detrimental either, so if it makes you feel better, add it by all means :)

Hennie

Cool!
I'm busy making some fish food - using the mixed seafood packs that you get from Pick a Pay. - Do you recon one can add a banana in this mix as well?

read that died seaweed helps boost their immune system, i used sw, garlic,increasing temp.,lowering salinity and costapur(reef friendly meds); something there helped me get rid of white spots.:)

Id say just wait for another day,sometimes they heal by themselves,it might just be the shock of the transport and the new tank,maby your water chemistry differs from theirs

Add garlic and remember that is one persons opinion(no offence reef maniac) UV helps a little.
SO feed alot and add a little garlic and if you can add UV
Putting high temps and low sg will kill anenomes and corals and dont use medication its not good in the long run.

il say its stres al tangs gets whitre spot time to time and it goes away i my sail fin had a litle bit of white spot like a month ago dont no why but my Teneti thats known for white spot nothing...so relax coz its eating...

Back
Top Bottom