How to report/thank a post.

butcherman

Reaction score
In-case you are wondering what the little icons under a users name is here is a little guide.
226851da998b15df0.jpg

The first icon only shows you if a user is online.

The second icon is the Thanks button. Use this button if a member gives you some good information. It will add to the persons reputation you are thanking.

The third icon is the Report button. Use this button to immediately alert a mod if you think that a members post is Insulting, Personal attack or against the rules of the forum.

Peeps are scared of that thank button, even the agree button is lost sometimes. I use them often.

That Agree button is to acknowledge a person marine knowledge. It is not a Facebook like button, where you can like some joke.

Using a members rep points and his agree received, could give a newbie an idea of the knowledge a person have.

If somebody say "nice picture", do not "agree" to that. Rather give the original poster the credit. No point in putting an "agree" to somebody asking "for an update"

That Agree button is to acknowledge a person marine knowledge.

Yes, that being said, I look at your agree's given button, it seems to point that you think most of us know nothing? :D :whistling:

Reactions: GTH
Yes, that being said, I look at your agree's given button, it seems to point that you think most of us know nothing? :D :whistling:
That being said, I also sometimes get the idea that some of the guys are just stroking each other's ego's by handing out rep points for what really is mediocre comments/"advice" by the self proclaimed experts.

That being said, I also sometimes get the idea that some of the guys are just stroking each other's ego's by handing out rep points for what really is mediocre comments/"advice" by the self proclaimed experts.

I am an expert.

That being said, I also sometimes get the idea that some of the guys are just stroking each other's ego's by handing out rep points for what really is mediocre comments/"advice" by the self proclaimed experts

This will always be a contentious issue. I agree that agrees are often thrown around way too often but then who can decide what is mediocre advice? if you think have valuable even the most basic advice is to a beginner, why cant they be given thanks.

This will always be a contentious issue. I agree that agrees are often thrown around way too often but then who can decide what is mediocre advice? if you think have valuable even the most basic advice is to a beginner, why cant they be given thanks.
Agreed, but that's why I said "advice" as many of the comments made is definately not advice but still agrees are given.

I always thought the agree button was more like a facebook "like" button, didn't add rep was just there to literally agree with a comment
Then I thought the Thanks button was there to add rep and was used more to thank someone for valuable knowledge, which is also relative valuable knowledge to me might not be valuable to someone else, etc.

Is this not why the agree button was put in place? to distinguish between the two?

Is this not why the agree button was put in place? to distinguish between the two?

Agree adds some rep, but not as much as thanks. It was added to stop threadds being filled with " I agree" or " What he said " comments. That and the thanks button gets forgotten about.

Agree adds some rep, but not as much as thanks. It was added to stop threadds being filled with " I agree" or " What he said " comments. That and the thanks button gets forgotten about.
So technically it is like the facebook "like" button
why not just take the rep points part of it away because as mentioned above by someone else most of the time its just used by people who want to stroke their friends ego

In my humble opinion I'll just simplify...and make the "agree" and "thanks" button ONE and the same and then take the "other" button and just do a Facebook "like" button...as I've been on MASA for over 2yrs and some/most Members still don't know the difference between "agree" and "thanks"..including myself sometimes..so just make one that adds rep and the other one none..:blush:

Agree button - you think the advice given is the same as what you would have said
Thanks - someone gave really good advice/help on your own questions. This advice/help was excellent and really provided invaluable information.

Will have to chat to @viper357 about removing the rep given by the Agree button

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a time where guys agreed with everything their buddies said and their rep climbed through the roof! But for what?

It's quite simple really.

If you ask a question and someone helps you then click the "thanks" button to say Thank You.

If you're browsing the forum and you see someone else has given good and correct advice then click the "I Agree" button to show others that the advice given is indeed good advice.

It's not that difficult is it?

I think there should also be a button to rate tank with tanks being evaluated on a monthly basis to build up rating.or remove rating if tank looks bad

The reason being there are some stunning tanks with guys working really hard to look after tanks and keep them in tip top shape.

I think there should also be a button to rate tank with tanks being evaluated on a monthly basis to build up rating.or remove rating if tank looks bad

Thats getting a bit complicated now. Who will you be giving rep too, the tank owner or the maintenance company?

Back
Top Bottom