My new 6 foot

Reaction score
Bought my tank from Jax and replaced the bottom glass and fixed up the overflow, the stand had a bit of work that needed to be done i sanded down the frame and i panted it with an anti rust paint from builders. i also sanded down the doors and i stained and varnished them. not too bad in my own opinion

I then got my sump 4 foot with a 2 foot DSB in the middle. i have a bubbel magus skimmer and bio pellet reactor my return pump is a 10 000l per hour and i got 2 vortech MP40 pumps from GMan which i will recive my upgrades in a few days to the ecosmart. i also have 4 vortex ilumilux 950 LED lights in that i am hoping to add controlers on when they arrive.

Thought it might be about time i start a thread on my 6 foot seen as though it is basically starting from scratch. for those of you that dont know what happened to my tank here is the thread http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=39848.

my tank was running for about 6 months before this happened and now i have no corals left and i lost my yellow tang since then i have changed the lighting on my DSB so that i wont have any falty wires in my tank and they are now LED i have also grounded my tank!!!!

some of the pice from before and after and of my sump

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

not bad @ all ... those bubble magus skimmers are really impressive:thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanx :) Just an update on how my tank is doing since the shock. My NO3 spiked mid last week. Yesterday it came down. Relief!! My tank is cycling again and just making sure things are 100% ok before I add something again. Just happy my fish are ok. My regal is my prize. Must be 10cm from mouth to tail.

Can I add my supplements to the water in my water top up tank, and then it "doses" into the sump?
Nope.
Some additives will react quickly to other chemicals. So you loose the advantage. Like Iodene

Back
Top Bottom