Image Hosting changes

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
We experienced a few problems during our last server move and it was brought to our attention that our image hosting was reaching close on 20gb :eek:, as a result we are going to make some changes shortly to the way the forum stores images. The current Image Uploader will shortly be stopped for all normal users, it will be reserved exclusively for use by the sponsors to upload livestock and hardware images that you all love so much. :) For normal members the image uploader will no longer be available to use. None of the current images on the forum will be deleted so you will still have access to all of your images. I will update this thread once I have implemented this new method. You can also use photobucket if you want to as that is already integrated into the forum and appears below the reply box. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited:
I've put this off for as long as I could but we're reaching critical mass on our server. :p

Starting from today, the cranky old Image Uploader will no longer be available for use. Instead we will be switching over to the "Attachment Manager".

But it's not all bad news.

The attachment manager (the paperclip in the reply box) has a built in image reduction feature which in essence means that most members will no longer have to resize their pics before uploading them, it is able to take a 3 or 4 MB photo and drop it down to about 128kb with a minimal reduction in photo quality.

If you want to post higher resolution photo's then please make use of sites such as Photobucket, Imageshack or there's a local one called photostand.co.za

My sincere apologies if this causes any inconvenience to you, but I'm sure it won't take long to learn how the attachment manager works.

I will do a "how to" thread shortly, but basically, click the paperclip to upload images, once they are uploaded you close the popup window and click the paperclip again to insert your images into your post. Simple. :)

Members will be limited to a total of 38MB, which equates to roughly 300 photo's.

I'll donate a 500 GB Hard Drive, sure that would last some time?

it takes 20 Gigs of Hard Drive to load Win 7.

Is space really the issue here?

Sorry dumb question as Ive never used Photobucket, Imageshack or photostand.co.za

We upload to one of those site, the how do we point to it from MASA? Does each picture have it own web address that we just insert with the Insert Link button?

Sorry dumb question as Ive never used Photobucket, Imageshack or photostand.co.za

We upload to one of those site, the how do we point to it from MASA? Does each picture have it own web address that we just insert with the Insert Link button?
I'll write a proper How To thread a bit later, but for any of those sites, you need to copy and paste either the code that starts with this -

Last edited:

Correct. But you post the URL in the insert image button not link button.

whoo hoo. With photobucket you just need to copy the IMG code and paste direct into the text box

thanks Butcherman

@viper357,
can you redirect the image uploader link for members to this page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom