Back to NSW

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Well after many months of water changes using synthetic, i was finally able to collect 250L of NSW on saturday. The reason i needed it was because i added a 6ft frag tank to my system to replace the 5ft which is on its way to the office to set up a fish only system there. Will be interesting to see if the growth rate on the corals improves again. First thing i noticed, the ph was slightly down on yesterday and my alk had dropped from 8dkh to about 6dkh.

Mmm that's interesting.

Alan have you done a alk test on raw NSW recently. I did years ago but can't remember the reading :(

Haven't for a while, mmmm might be time to do one again. Might actually be worth doing a full range of tests.

is ballito sorted out now alan?

Pumps are a bonus, but mostly it's the good old fashioned way.

Wade out into the surf with a 20 litre drum, fill it up with water and back to the car. Repeat 8 to 10 times.
Spend the rest of the day recovering - lol

Somebody in Durban needs to setup a 5000L container of NSW then charge the guys to collect from him, I would gladly pay for the convenience.

Pumps are a bonus, but mostly it's the good old fashioned way.

Wade out into the surf with a 20 litre drum, fill it up with water and back to the car. Repeat 8 to 10 times.
Spend the rest of the day recovering - lol

AS long as you recover with a Peroni then its fine :lol:

not to sell but rather provide a service where one collects and he gets paid for the job ..... ok how much u guys wana pay me ???

I checked a year or so ago when I started up, was something like R500 and you get a key for the gate where you fill up from a tap, it is untreated water from their sea pipe so should be ok... give them a ring and ask for a form they fax it and thats that...

First thing i noticed, the ph was slightly down on yesterday and my alk had dropped from 8dkh to about 6dkh.

dropped that much with slightly more than a 10% change??

Back
Top Bottom