Visser's 100% DIY Nano

How is your seahorses doing @Mc???
They doing great had babies the other day, unfortunately they didn't make it but I will try be more prepared next time. For some reason that algae died off the only one that made it was a small piece of feather caulerpa, but I did get a nice red caulerpa from the LFS that is doing well.

@Visser very nice tank dude,nice selection you have there,and that purple tree is stunning...

Thanks @yingyang, i must agree, the colors on the purple tree is just amazing (even if i have to say so myself,lol) ... Hehe, will upload a close-up tomorrow showing colors!

Last edited by a moderator:
They doing great had babies the other day, unfortunately they didn't make it but I will try be more prepared next time. For some reason that algae died off the only one that made it was a small piece of feather caulerpa, but I did get a nice red caulerpa from the LFS that is doing well.

Sorry to hear about the babies & the algae, will try to bring sone more if your interested!

Some close-ups of the tree gorgonians...

568950578f8214c57.jpg

568950578f821e615.jpg

568950578f8223865.jpg

568950578f8228289.jpg

Thanks for the pics,they are really awesome! In your tank pics the purple really stands out,but with these close ups the white one looks just as nice :)

The gorgonians are stunning, I lost mine when my tank crashed at the beggining of the year.
Don't worry about the algae for now, that red one I bought is doing well, but thanks for offering I will let you know if I change my mind.

The gorgonians are stunning, I lost mine when my tank crashed at the beggining of the year.
Don't worry about the algae for now, that red one I bought is doing well, but thanks for offering I will let you know if I change my mind.

Sorry to hear that... Mine has been in my tank for 3 weeks now & the tips has already grown about 10mm longer & the pieces where the flesh has been damaged has recovered completely, so im very glad to see that. They are actually not that difficult to take care of. They only need supplemental feedings every couple of days.
Can you perhaps do an update on your seahorse tank @Mc, would love to see what its looking like!!!

I will do an update in the next few days when I can get some pics, I will let you when I do.

I see you have a sea hare, Visser! Tank is looking really good btw.

Sea hares are excellent in keeping algae at bay. BUT, I just really hope that it does not die. They are like sea cucumbers. They release toxins if they die which can kill off your fish (no - these should not affect any of your corals though).

I see you have a sea hare, Visser! Tank is looking really good btw.

Sea hares are excellent in keeping algae at bay. BUT, I just really hope that it does not die. They are like sea cucumbers. They release toxins if they die which can kill off your fish (no - these should not affect any of your corals though).

Thanks for the info @jacquesb , i am aware of the risks of having him in my tank, but to keep the fellow well fed, i swop him between my refugium (which is overstocked with algae) & my Nano as required...

The water from my waterchange in my Nano, i use for waterchanges in my refugium which helps keep the water exactly the same which makes moving livestock between the tanks much easier...

I absolutely love my sea hare, he is the only creature ive ever found that eats bryopsis algae, & man does he love that stuff...
He doesnt even touch the GHA until all the bryopsis is finished...

Hey @Visser ,,, tanks looking great!!!

What is that purple branch looking thing?

Hi @ChrisRaubs, are you referring to this one?
568950578f8214c57.jpg

It is a purple finger gorgonian. From what ive seen / heard, its quite a rare color of the finger gorgonian family.
I bought it from Idol marine some time ago. It was struggling at first until i moved it to a higher flow area of the tank, & now its doing fantastic. (same with the white one)

568950578f8223865.jpg

It requires daily feedings & high flow to stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom