my new big blue in a nano...

Reaction score
:wave2:Hi all

Im a new marine enthusiast. My bf is an addict and i guess i realised if you cant beat them...join them! Also after giving in to his puppy dog faces in the LFS, i figured payback!;)
I have purchased a Jebo R338 nano tank with built in sump thingy and T5 lighting. Im looking to keep mainly coral with a few pieces of LR and hopefully work on getting two awesome fish, something fancy...but thats long from now, the coral is my main priority at the moment.

welcome to masa, great to hear youve joined forces with your boyfriend. as they say, joy shared is joy doubled, im sure you will learn lots from each other:)

:slayer:welcometomasa:slayer:

welcome to masa, great to hear youve joined forces with your boyfriend. as they say, joy shared is joy doubled, im sure you will learn lots from each other:)

Wise words there dude, did you just make that up:biggrin:

Yes another chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

:welcometomasa2:

Welcome to MASA, great that you joined us. Some reading for you below on starting a marine tank - enjoy ;)

Thanks Tobes, i have actually had a look at those links and still busy, really helpfull.:045:

@*Coral* hey welcome to MASA,hope u enjoy ur stay and learn allot,I can forsee u guys skipping date nights,movie nights etc an joining forces in buying fish/corals and havin tank staring contests lol,snds like fun tho,pitty my spouse hates my hobby lol....... Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
@JsPLAYn :lol: I think i am going to drive him crazy honestly. Pitty i dont know as much as he does. Anyway any suggestions on the fish to add once set up? Or any cool coral that i can get, want to make the tank as colourful, and as healthy as possible?

@*Coral* ..... Well start off with ur scapin .....'BONZAI' looks best in nano,as for corals,easiest and most colours avail are mushrooms an ZOAs!oooh my favourite lol,an fish,well there is lots and lots.......and don't worry,u will learn very very kwik and we all here to help as far as possible, is ur bf on Masa aswell?

Thanks, yes he actually introduced me to the MASA family. Do you mind explaining..."BONZAI"?

@*Coral* .... Its not easy to explain besides saying..... Google it lol, type "marine bonzai aquascaping"... But view images an u will get some interesting sample pics,self explanatory....as for a super healthy system,I'd say good husbandry(I dunno wat term to use for females lol)should do the trick, dosings,waterchanges etc.....

So im currently worrying the bf to put up pics...to give you guys a better idea.

Last night, boy friend and I built and painted the stand, also painted the back glass black on the tank. Going to make a trip to the beach to fill NSW in the tank today after work....:slayer:...can't wait!

@JsPLAYnz... I'm gettin there. Saw the Bonzai ideas, abit advanced for me i think, but will see what i can do, Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom