The Coral Library

I spent some time clicking on all the names and seeing how the coral looks. Some I have never seen and really beautiful too

Last edited:
Ok, ok, done...u got a rep from me!

But damm, I knew the acropora familly was big, but never new the montipora familly was huge as well.
Adee, it is insane. I really spent hours going through everything, comparing etc.
Interesting thing that there are a lot of other coral too, resembling the Montipora Family- and they beautiful, encrusting ones are definitely on my "A" list:thumbup:

thanks sean!!!
nice info for the new tank

Make's you wonder sometimes when we buy corals from the LFS, why they should be using the latin names as well.

I just found out earlier today (via a SPS ID request I posted on RC) a coral I was hunting around to try and identify (Montipora hirsuta) for the last couple of weeks. The guy on RC posted me a pic from the very same website...it only clicked now with your post. Small world hey.

Awsome find!!!!

I'm never calling a brain looking thing a favite again. Too many acropora and montipora that look the same never mind some of those funky names I have never heard of

Bookmarked! thanks man

Back
Top Bottom