Mangrove plants.

may i ask why?

have you read up on them? if so you will know they are a protected species and your system needs to be really stable for them to have any affect. they are good to remove nutrients but also remove beneficial ones, namely magnesium.

if u looking to house them in your fuge, u are better off using cheato

may i ask why?

have you read up on them? if so you will know they are a protected species and your system needs to be really stable for them to have any affect. they are good to remove nutrients but also remove beneficial ones, namely magnesium.

if u looking to house them in your fuge, u are better off using cheato

Just to make a small correction there...they are not protected species, its the areas that they are found in that are protected. The Rangers at the Estuary here in EL told me its fine for me to collect propogules when the trees were in Season...lucky me though I got two largish ones from Atilla so never needed to go collect.

Agree with you though in that most that I have read state that they are so slow at removing nutients from the water that they are more aesthetic purposes nice in the sump rather than being an experter of nutrients.

in most cases the areas are protected. rhispora sp. one can collect the propagules in season.

one would need about 10 to get any real benefit

Thanx for the advice.
I read a threat on algea controle and they advised it.
I have chito but strugling to let them grow, the don't fade but don't grow.
I was planing of instaling a spear white T5 I have lying around.

Nico - if your chaetomorpha does not grow, then you should look at increasing your lighting over the chaeto. Perhaps try with the 50 watt 12 volt halogen downlighters that I use. They are awesome in getting the chaeto to grow like crazy!

Back
Top Bottom