Backup Air System

Reaction score
Hey Guys

After last weeks power failure I decided to build a battery air system while im looking into getting a proper backup system. Its basically a battery air pump which comes on when the power trips. Here is a little drawing.

10664b792448aa5c5.jpg

Basically the float switch sits in the sump and when the power trips the float switch will activate the air pump. Total Cost was about R130.

Nice work. Does the float switch trigger when the sump fills up with water? Where did you get the float switch from? Which airpump did you use?

Yes, but its connected the reverse way to close the circuit which allows the air pump to switch on. I bought the switch from ACDC and used a boyu battery air pump

Remove the circlip beneath the ball, put the ball back ''upside down'' - that also changes the switch direction. In other words the switch will activate when water level rises. In case someone didn't know...
Posted via Mobile Device

Chickaboo how much do those cost and were can i get them?

Chickaboo how much do those cost and were can i get them?
We have a chinese "lightie" here running a pet shop that organises it for me will check with him - honestly forgot the exact price and will try to pm Frans the model number to see if its easier for him to "import" to get it in bulk for Cape..... even if we here at KZN have to "export" it down that way:lol: But will definately keep your'll informed - just bump this thread if I forget .... grey hair count is on the rise you know....:razz:

Hey there Johan ... Just got hold of my memory now ... It was on holiday for awhile..... My friend is back from China and told me the air pumps by in the pic are going for R130 now ... If still interested I can get his details for you or did you come right with some?

hey man im still intrested but not this month as money is a bit on the extremely low side. will send you a message when i got my budget sorted out.

No problem Johan ... will pm you his details as well and when you ready you can just give him a buzz .... Get used the wallet looking like its on a diet ... we into reefing .... I think most of our wallets look like they anorexic....

Back
Top Bottom