Some pics of my 550

In the back third compartment where you normally put the bio balls, except I took them out.
Also put a light above it.

Frogspawn

Is that a green with purple tip frogspawn or just the camera doing it?

i might sound blonde.but if its a standard Boyu and using the built in filter system..where did you put the cheato ???

@moe101 , also look at the beginning of my thread, I have put my cheato in the fourth compartment with NanaGlo lights on the back glass

Last edited by a moderator:
tank is really starting to look very very cool. Love the new additions. Keep em pics coming. Really well done

Thanks Charl.

Is that a green with purple tip frogspawn or just the camera doing it?

No its not the camera, its actually more purple then the pics show.
I really need to get a good camera.

No problem you are just so far.

lovely little tank, great scape too :)

id look at getting a small goby and simbiotic shrimp, might add a fun point of intrest to the tank.

Thanks Crispin.

I had a pistol shrimp a while ago he came as a hitchhiker on my live rock, but it was very small, and I don't think it made it I only saw it once. I was planning on getting a yasha goby to go with it. I will see maybe I will still do it, im just a bit worried the mini carpet anemones will eat it.

New coral & fish

I got a blasto, and a pixie hawkfish today to celebrate passing my A+ exams.:1:
The mandiran I've had for about 2 months just haven't got a good pic of him till now, still can't get a pic of the coral beauty.

50064e8c8aafb6aff.jpg

50064e8c8aaf7cd43.jpg

50064e832a998fd6d.jpg

Looking for something interesting.

Hi All

Im looking for an interesting coral to put in my tank, need some ideas.:)
I saw some really nice acans the other day but they were a bit steep R1200:eek:, is that what these normally go for they were a really nice piece, anyone know how hardy these are. Also been looking at a few brain and doughnut corals.
I don't have that much space left so I want something really nice.

He is a really interesting fish just have to get alot more live food now cause they all go crazy for it, deffinately not a problem getting him to eat.:)

wow it is a stunning tank!
Thanks.

Is your Mandrin eating frozen foods?
Unfortunately not yet, luckily I have a good supply of live food. I feed him vitamin enriched brine, I am trying to get him to take it hopefully he will come around to it.

Just a quick update. The tank is doing really well, the growth rate is amazing.:)
The only thing that isn't doing that well is the plate coral, wich the bicolor blenny likes to nip at. The sun and favia I got last weekend and the sun has slowly opened up more and more, I have been feeding it every day.
One thing I have been wondering about is if star polyps grow up against zoas as you can see in the pic will they kill them? So far I have only noticed them closing up a little bit and not all the time.

50064eb25c659eb01.jpg

50064eb25c659818a.jpg

50064eb25c658a6ce.jpg

50064eb25c6567886.jpg

Looking Great.. Can you tell me more about the led upgrade and also if u could post a pic of the Lid of your tank? or did u take it off?

@Xereo If you look at page one you will see the lid it still has one PL light and the leds.
It was a diy kit that I ordered from these guys.
It 18 bridgelux 3w leds
10 white and 8 blue.
I managed to fit it all into the hood.
DIY LED Lighting - DIY LED Kits - AquaStyle Online
It you looking at going for something like this you should speak to Charl_Stanhope , he is in capetown and seems to have found some nice places to get things locally.
If you need anymore info just let me know.

Last edited:
Mc,

I know its stating the obvious, but does the LED kit run off 220v, or is it a 110v set up?
I'm keen to order one of the smaller units as a try out .

Im having a few problems with my bi colour blenny and coral beauty angel nipping at a plate coral and the favia in above pics, the tissue of the corals is getting noticeably damaged.
I was just wondering if there is anything I can do about this besides getting rid of the fish?
If I do decide to get rid of the fish don't know how I would catch the blennie.
I have also considered getting rid of the two corals but Im worried they will start with the blastomus and trumpet next. If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate your addvice.

Back
Top Bottom