Brendan's 1.3m Tank

One of my new additions

1372345f883445ff9784d49232011a8a.jpg

Howdy people.

I finally bought a dosing pump for myself, I have been manually dosing for around a year so this is a much appreciated addition. It is a Jebao 4 head dosing pump and I am using RFH's recipe #1. dosing 32mls of ca, kh and mg per day and the 4th head is being used for vodka.

My new additions are what I have wanted for a very long time, they have been in my tank for over 2 weeks now and are looking amazing. A pair of small Blue Throat Triggers (Xanthichthys auromarginatus) that are eating like beasts.

I added a second Bipartitus to the tank but it died over night unfortunately, but I did manage to take a really nice video of it being checked out by my male Melanurus and it diving into the substrate.

Updated fish list.

Midas blenny
Diamond watchman goby
Geometric pygmy perchlet
Royal gramma
Blue star leopard wrasse
Magnificent firefish
Blue/green chromis (only 1)
a pair of melanurus wrasses
a pair of blue throat triggers

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a small update is needed.

Lets keep it short and to the point, I have a 80cm cube for frags and a new Kelo AK001s but thanks to the decision to move, I will not be setting up my cube. Instead I am using the Kelo on my DT next to my Zetlight.

These Kelo lights are pretty damn cool and as it is right next to my Zet, it gets compared to them. So anyways, here are some pictures.

Old FTS
beb510d02dada44a086e4bc84d355408.jpg

Current FTS

4a96551df7b54d9b1585206e1ddc56a5.jpg

418f28f52b6bbd8ece43b7c67a9334e6.jpg

a95d7762ad59a8a8fbc3fd9531961d24.jpg

Brendan - It's so good to see a guy take the time to share his build and progress so regularly over an extended period of time dood. I'm new to the forums, but not so much to the hobby, and have just read your thread start to finish. I'll admit to a few warm and fuzzys along the way. :blush:

Keep it going, please - this is real world advice without preaching that can give newer guys a load of answers they are too shy to ask questions about. Hell, I've been looking at replacing my display, and am doing the whole *what size should it be* dance at the moment, and your size is pretty good for what I want - I may just go a tad shallower... Decisions decisions... :biggrin:

Thanks again for an awesome read! Rep for you!

@DrewZA, thanks for that awesome feedback. I am really glad you enjoyed it and it feels great being able to help out.

The dimensions, if I could change 1 thing, I would not...but if I HAD to, I would have made the tank 60cms wide. It makes a huge difference, especially on a peninsula tank. If you want to go for a similar tank size, maybe 1.3m x 0.45m (high), 0.55m (wide)

What ever you decide, I hope you are able to stick with it for a few years

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, this tank is not going to be running for much longer. I am getting married in January and after the honeymoon I will be moving into Claremont for a month or 2.

Fortunately I have a 800x800x550 cube that I shall be using as my main tank for this stop gap before I find a place for myself and wife to be to call home. The idea is that I can easily and relaxingly do a tank swap over a day or 2 and keep the 1.3m in storage until we move. So that will be 2 tank transfers instead of 4. I am very excited to get the cube running!

Christmas news is good news, the mother inlaw gave has sponsored a waterboy UV unit and I am really looking forwards to installing it.

9f23e95e17604e90073e56704a850ce4.jpg

That mother in law sounds like a keeper! :cheers2:

btw - I did get a new display tank - 1200x600x600... I'm only going to get it going in the new year though - watch out for the tank thread :001_cool:

That mother in law sounds like a keeper! :cheers2:

btw - I did get a new display tank - 1200x600x600... I'm only going to get it going in the new year though - watch out for the tank thread :001_cool:

Looking forwards to seeing what you do with it :thumbup1: That is a really cool size. My friend built his tank to match my tank but he went for a 1300x600x600 and damn it makes such a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom