Tiger Eye's 4ft adventure.

Reaction score
Hi everybody I got a tank for free mesuring in at 1220 x 450 x 460.
When I receved the tank it was leaking and the guy I got it from mentiond that the tank was standing outside for 4 years and it was leaking. So the sillicone had to be redone. The base is 10mm and the sides are 6mm glass. I desided to do the sillicone in black and put bracing at the botom and at the top. Something that ime still a bit undesided on is the overflow. Sinse it used to be a fresh water tank it is not driled. What I was considering is a" triangle" (my name for it) overflow instead of a normal square corner overflow.

Any ideas and advice will will be apretiated.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Manic old tank had a triangle overflow. Rakabos now has that tank. So maybe chat to him about it and check Manic build thread

Check my "fishtank" (not concrete tank) tank thread, very 1st pages, you will find similar overflow there

Can use a soil vent valve as a durso, use less space so you van use a smaller triangle. Can always come around and i will show you.

I glued rock on the back as well as on the corner glass to the left, hence you not seeing the overflow

Only one I can see, Anything that does fall into that chamber cannot be taken out easily. Bracing in the way. Also fitting a durso inside might be a challenge to get your hand in to do the fitting. Keep that in mind if your bracing will run over the overflow.

Yup i was planing on stopping the brace at the corner od the overflow and to use a diferent standpipe than the durso i just cant remember what its caled. It doesnt have the elbow its got a cap and under neeth the cap its got holes driled in the upright pipe. So it takes up almost no more space than the sise of the upright pipe.

It doesnt have the elbow its got a cap and under neeth the cap its got holes driled in the upright pipe. So it takes up almost no more space than the sise of the upright pipe.
Or use a soil vent valve.
Simple, easy.
Come around, I will show you how they work.

Back
Top Bottom