flow through a chiller - What pump

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Aquamedic Chiller (Titan 1500) that I had in storage and want to reconnect to my holding tank.

Problem: What pump to use that matches the "recommended" flow?

Tubing and connectors to the chiller appear to be 16mm

NVM.... I read a little more ;p

Techincal Details:

Suitable for tank size: 1500 - 2500 lph

Miniumum Flow Rate: 500 lph

Maximum Flow Rate: 2500lph

Power Consumption: 375 - 790 Watts

Weight: 31.5 kg

if you take the min and max limits, find a value inbetween that works for you, the slower the flow, the more contact time, the faster flow the more volume you get through it etc

The flow through the chiller, whilst important, is IMO irrelevant as to the ventilation rate of the chiller. Chillers work on heat exchange, and if the ambient temperature of the exhaust temperature of the chiller is high, if exhausted into the ambiance of the chiller intake, then the chiller will not reduce temperature. In other words a chiller working in a closed room will not reduce temperature. The heat generated by the chiller will increase the temperature.

Confused ..... In short, no matter what chiller you have, the important bit is the chiller has to have adequate ventilation of a far cooler temperature.

while i agree, i must admit i assumed that placement and installation of the chiller was accounted for, but i should know better than assuming :)

Back
Top Bottom