fly*s Cube600

awesome stuff man. Please please waterproof the inside of that cabinet properly as the tank is resting directly on that cabinet and not on a metal frame. its gone get lotsa moisture with the sump in there. I experienced it already with 1 of my previous tanks.
Buy the right stuff and do it right.

Yeah everything is getting sprayed and both the tank and the sump will be on polystyrene. No fears!!!

very cool!

where can we get those LED's, did u import?

Some more pics.

Finished the spraying. Man having a spray gun makes life sooooooooooo much easier :)

Im pretty chuffed with how its come out tbh, next week is the lighting, fans etc etc

27134d904f1db7258.jpg

27134d905292bc0a0.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the black looks great, just shows the dust more :whistling:

VERY smart dude! I must admit, I'm loving the dark wood look! It's much better than that old cherry wood look!

You cant really see it now but it still retained the wood grain from the original oak veneer which looks great. Very slick look and itll work with the rest of the stuff in my lounge now :)

This is the 1st time ive ever used a compressor and spray gun to apply the stain, will always go this route from now on.

The paint job and lid mods have been done! I just need to do the wiring. I love my folks but traveling from Roodepoort to Benoni every Saturday for the last month was starting to kill me :)

Heres some pics. Testing out the tapatalk pic upload as well so bear with me.

29373a64-25c0-8d8e.jpg

29373a64-2631-4e59.jpg

29373a64-2647-8c39.jpg

29373a64-2665-b34f.jpg

The fan that will hopefully eject a bit of moisture.

29373a64-269d-15fb.jpg

The reeftek T5s blazing :)

29373a64-26c5-8a80.jpg

And I decided to keep the power distribution for the lid on the lid. The tank is pretty deep and combined with the hood it makes it almost impossible to touch the bottom. I wanted to make the lid very easy to remove and this was the only way to do it without a ton of cables going backwards and forwards. Hopefully all the timers will be relatively out of sight once it's on the stand.

More pics to follow once it's on the stand and the final wiring has been done :)

Thanks guys :) Some more pics

29373a64-5282-f99e.jpg

29373a64-53b2-047b.jpg

And all the lights attached. One concern is the water level will be at 610mm and the tank is 650mm so...you will be able to see the level below the lid. This had to be done for a few reasons but what it does do is put more of a gap between LEDs and the water. Still planning in separating the 2 with either plexiglass or normal glass just to keep the moisture off the lights. Hopefully it'll be successful!

29373a64-5366-0de2.jpg

And with some of the lights wired. Still need to do the actinics :)

29373a64-aeed-f4ef.jpg

Lol, thanks guys. Finished the hood last night and those RGBs are amazing. They just add a hint of whatever color they are on so it's going to be interesting to see how it changes things.

Getting The iphone to cope with the brightness was a bit of an ordeal since Everything else besides the tank goes black when you focus on it but here's some pics with the exposure and WB set so you can see how everything adds to one another :)

c5af13c5-a66e-54e6.jpg

This is the LEDs + T5s + RGBs

c5af13c5-a7a6-597a.jpg

This is T5s + RGBs set to Royal Blue

c5af13c5-a6ea-071c.jpg

And just the RGBs.

Tbh the pics don't really do justice to how bright this thing is. What's stunned me is how potent those little T5s are! Some serious big room fillers!

Last edited:
Well tonight I do the FW test :) Still awhile before saltwater goes in. Still need to getthe sump done and the plumbing. Working on that atm :)

Back
Top Bottom