Sean's Concrete tank Photos

Hey Sean, I know and completely understand were you coming from, its a hard decision to make but its one many of us will have to make at some point in our lifetime.

As you would more than likely remember i was very involved on the forums and then just stopped completely, in fact until recently my last post was on the 22/12/2007.

I decided to throw it all in sell the goods and start something else reefing just took to much time, time taken from a young family.

My wife and kids were not happy they loved the tanks, but in time they understood and saw the good in what i had did.

More time for the family was great and we all grew closer and stronger together. To me it was a wise choice, plus i did not have to carry darn drums full of salt water every week.

But, there is always a but, i missed having fish as i had fish constantly for almost 20 years, until now.
I have restarted my tank with the help and input of my entire family and its great, the tank is healthy and all things are going good each one of us have a duty daily and weekly, this tank is a family tank and its something for us all to do together.

I think taking a break from everything helped too as i am more relaxed and do not expect perfection, as long as everything is healthy, including the algae, the family is happy.

What i am trying to say is good luck mate, with whatever you choose to do, you will always be a inspiration to many reefers.

Respect.

Oh and good luck with the "wifes" cube. lol.
Have a beer:peroni:or:peroni::peroni:

LoL Crispin.... Did not have enough time on Photoshop to do a descent editing pic- Dean was getting impatient to see my naked body again:thumbup:

Ok Guys, I have sold the complete setup to one person except for the hardware as I want to keep some- My aim originally as I do not have the time to sell individual pieces as well as getting them to an airport.

Already confirmed the sale but will rather wait till Friday to make comletely sure..... (I still believe in my Signature....LoL)

wow that is surprising yet welcome news:) its still going to eb a hell of a break down job:) best of luck......get mek and handyman to help!

second thoughts dont....you two will be off fishing while handy slaves away!

Really sorry to see you close your tank up, I was really hoping to come visit and see it soon :(

I respect your decition, as it does tend to take over sometime / most times and family IS more important!

You have truly been an insperation to me and I'm sure to many other, not just on this forum but world wide!

If there is anything I can assist with please let me know!

Justin

Hey Sean. So sorry you're breaking it down, mate. Your build experience was really helpful (and inspirational!).

Is your guy taking all the base rock with him?

Ok Guys, I have sold the complete setup to one person except for the hardware as I want to keep some- My aim originally as I do not have the time to sell individual pieces as well as getting them to an airport.

Already confirmed the sale but will rather wait till Friday to make comletely sure..... (I still believe in my Signature....LoL)

Be careful when moving concrete lol

You just make sure my fish and corals go to a happy home or I'm gonna send The Hoff after you.

Yip, but imagine that, in a years time from now, I'll start it up again, by that time it will be better wrt flow and lighting (technology would be in South Africa) etc. And the whole process will start over again.
By that time, i would have had enough spare time to build in the beach system, the proper waves, as well as connected the 5000lt Jo Jo tank (filled with all the macro algea types, mangroves, mussel banks etc) to it, even have a trained "live in" (preferably female micro marine biologist) who will look after the tank when we are not there.
This is a promise to myself: "God willing, if I start over in a year or so, I will have a more natural, selfsustained ecosystem running, better flow, lights, etc.)

Yip, but imagine that, in a years time from now, I'll start it up again, by that time it will be better wrt flow and lighting (technology would be in South Africa) etc. And the whole process will start over again.
By that time, i would have had enough spare time to build in the beach system, the proper waves, as well as connected the 5000lt Jo Jo tank (filled with all the macro algea types, mangroves, mussel banks etc) to it, even have a trained "live in" (preferably female micro marine biologist) who will look after the tank when we are not there.
This is a promise to myself: "God willing, if I start over in a year or so, I will have a more natural, selfsustained ecosystem running, better flow, lights, etc.)
That's the problem right there, you keep trying to over-engineer everything, keep it simple and you will get more pleasure out of it. You don't need a R15000 computer to switch your lights on and off, a R50 checkers timer does the same job.

K.I.S.S. :biggrin:

Kiss my behind old man. Timers is oh so not bling bling. Just kidding, but main change will be the pumps, no more commercial, only idustrial- thinking in the lines of Ushaka marine world type of engine room....lol.
On serious note, someone posted a pic of a public aquarium some months ago where the main tank had these huge surge devices and a type of "beach" that can handle all the excess surge water. This is what I had in mind for a long time now. Would love to get hold of that pic again.
K.I.G.S

Back
Top Bottom