Electronic Circuits for DIY people

Reaction score
Ok, This is a site I found with a shit load schematic drawings for just about anything. Now here is the catch: I have asked numerous times on this site if there is someone that can build circuits that we can use in our tanks, eg:

1.) Water low and high level alarm with cutout switch (I know Tunze makes one but too expensive)

2.) Alarm for tank flood

3.) Alarm when temp fluctuates too much (Yes we do have chillers but I lost a tank due to a chiller)

4.)Alarm when tank power trips (especially at night when we sleep)

Ok, here is the link, and if you open any of the smaller links, you'll find that there is many more pages to search for circuits:

Electronic circuit schematics

Please feel free to add circuits to this thread as there might just come a guy who will help us build some stuff related to our tanks:whistling:

I have asked numerous times on this site if there is someone that can build circuits that we can use in our tanks... there might just come a guy who will help us build some stuff related to our tanks:whistling:

I played around with electronics as a hobby before I became involved with marines, but these days I don't even have time for my tank :(

I don't mind trying helping out with advice, and will possibly have time over weekends to design the schematics and printed circuit board layout, but will certainly not have time for final development and building...

So, why don't you give it a go yourself...

Hennie

Tried with my sons electronic board (he can build 20 odd different thingies by connecting wires to different spring thingies) that he got for his birthday- now I need to buy him a new one, cause it does not work anymore:whistling:

I studied Civils and Building:yeahdude:, not Electronics:(

Sean - also have a look at the "kits" that you can buy at: http://www.yeboelectronics.co.za/
Perhaps this can start "teaching" you the basics.... btw: they do indeed have a water level alarm...

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Sean! Time to do some research and DIY in my free time :)

Way too advance for me, I am still battling to works out how to wire up a plug :(

But thanks for organising this information for the members, sure you and the other gurus will make some great equipment. :)

Thanks sean

I haven't a clue how to make circuits but i'm interested. Anybody here got some tips for a newbie to get started ?

I think they call those boards "bread boards". No soldering involved.

Hi Sean for the temp fluctuation all you need is a temp controller (Omron) which has a set point that when it reaches the over temp, this is only a potential free contact which you can put any device on eg alarm,chiller,fans etc i have one. With power trip all you need is a contactor on your main power incomer with a N/C contact connected to a battery like the ones on your gate with a little DC alarm. on the water side you can get electronic circuits for that.

Thank you Tang, you have just nominated yourself as our circuit builer on this forum, so, start working out prices:)

Hi Guys new on this site and new aquariam
Have my hole setup on PLC (lights heaters ext any thing u can think off)
I can help on the electrical side if wanted

Hi De, why not open a thread under "new members" and introduce yourself to the members. Give us some more info on what you do, your setup etc....

Hi Gays new on this site and new aquariam
Have my hole setup on PLC (lights heaters ext any thing u can think off)
I can help on the electrical side if wanted
You're the second dude in a week to greet us on this forum as "gays"!
000200BE.gif
00020148.gif

PLCs,you serious.Would love to see some pics

Sorry some finger troble

Will send some pics of tank and PLC cabinet as soon as i found out how

Back
Top Bottom