JacquesB's 2 meter reef tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacques your tank really is great and the best pic i ever took of a clam is still yours:) i will see if i have more (i know I do!) and need to resize then post them on here for u:)

thanks again for showing me your system

Jacques, your tank is looking awsome my friend!! Well done :)

Lanzo - they seem to be very happy there. But, I have also read that Squasmosa clams prefers to be on the sand-bed, instead of on rocks.....

My Squasmosa is on a big piece of lr , is he going to be fine?( where are they in the wild?)

Crocea needs to be on rock, with allot of light right?

Lanzo - just monitor your squasmosa. I am quite sure that they should be able to adapt. The only problem is, that squasmosa's sometimes move. And they might fall off the rock.

Mekaeel - many thanks for the comment. I appreciate it man!

Hi Bushwacker - no problems with the pump itself. I just have/had some issues with the fittings between my piping and the pump itself, leaking..... But, that aside, I am very happy with the pump!

Hiya all! I spent around 3 hours working on my tank again today :)

I removed the 50mm piping that irritated the HECK out of my wife, and replaced my 2 x return pumps (was a total of 3900 litres per hour), with my CLS pump that I had on my 50mm CLS... I now have 26000 litres per hour return :)

Split into 9 outlets BEHIND my rocks (25mm outlets) that point in ALL different directions!

I will take some pics later on the week, and post. I am TOO TIRED now to take pics as well... GEEZ! WHAT A JOB!

I now have a total of 66800 litres per hour (water head from pump taken into account - before elbows/head - 68800 litres per hour) of water flow inside my display tank.

THAT TRANSLATES TO:
102 times total Display Tank water volume!
AND:
76 times absolute total water volume turnonver (taken sump volume into account as well)...

Last edited:
i just read that too....i HOPE he meant wife, i sure he meant wife, Jacques you did mean wife didnt you....get editting boy,i would hate for you tank to go on a simple type error, and your tank is in danger at the mo. Actually if you tank wasnt so darn good i would say YOU would be in danger! :)

jacquesb!! When you having a open day buddy?? I must come and ogle your hard work up close...

Hi guys - I have some VERY VERY VERY sad news. And please - don't gloat or say "I told you so" - because I know....

In the wee hours of yesterday morning my sea cucumber decided to climb onto/into the intake of one of my power-heads. I had this sea cucumber for 2 years now - without any problems......

So - all my fish died, except for 2.

I am EXTREMELY RAW about this.

Crispin - many thanks for those awesome pics of my fish. Now that is all I have left of them. 13 out of my 15 fish I had is not in fish heaven.

Yesterday was REALLY a terrible day for me.

Today, I am feeling a little bit better - ready to start my HUGE EXPENSE of collecting fish again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom